PDA

View Full Version : Webber/A.K.A. Eddlebrock 4-barrel

joseph m. hahnl
05-29-2005, 12:18 PM
well the 350 magnum is back from the grave. running really ruff. timed by ear only at this point. what i noticed is there is a vacume tube or fuel tube that runs from the carb to the fuel pump. raw fuel is flowing out of it. is it suppose to continually flow fuel?

HOTFOOT
05-29-2005, 12:48 PM
I have just bought the same carb but have not installed it yet. I believe the additional hose is in case the fuel pump diaphragm ruptures and vents fuel to the carb. You may want to check the pump.

gcarter
05-29-2005, 03:02 PM
And check your crankcase for gaoline in the oil....
Yes!!!!!

:wavey:

mrfixxall
05-29-2005, 03:18 PM
well the 350 magnum is back from the grave. running really ruff. timed by ear only at this point. what i noticed is there is a vacume tube or fuel tube that runs from the carb to the fuel pump. raw fuel is flowing out of it. is it

suppose to continually flow fuel?

no no no!!!!!
is the fuel folwing from fp to carb or from carb to fuel pump? if flowing from fp to carb you may have a ruptured diaphram in fuel pump.. if flowing from carb, your floats are too high or too much fuel pressure or somthing is stuck in the needle and seat in the carb... see if fuel is dumping in throttle plates if so pull line from fuel pump and see if it idles smoother.....

joseph m. hahnl
05-29-2005, 06:12 PM
have a ruptured diaphram in fuel pump..

ka blam exactly right . i replaced the the fuel pump and it runs perfect now.
as far as fuel contamination in the motor oil how would i check with out draining the oil?

would you think it would contaminate it because it would blow by the pump actuater into the crank. or flood thru the cumbustion chamber because it was filling the carb with non atomized fuel? it was running and i wasn't running it very long. i would like to be on the safe side. but draining the oil i would hope would be a last option.

gcarter
05-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Joe, through the carb. If you didn't run it long, it will evaporate. But you might consider changing the oil a lot sooner than later.

mrfixxall
05-29-2005, 07:55 PM
It's cheeper to change your oil than your engine......................

18FOOTER
05-31-2005, 08:30 AM
pull the oil dipstick and smell it. if there's gas in the oil you will smell it. the stronger the smell the more gas in the oil.

MOP
05-31-2005, 09:06 AM
Opinion if you ran it more than say 10 minutes with the diapham being bad change the oil darn cheap insurance!

Phil

Rootsy
05-31-2005, 09:50 AM
6 qts of oil and a filter are cheaper than replacing bearings...

jmho

J

MOP
05-31-2005, 10:10 AM
6 qts of oil and a filter are cheaper than replacing bearings...

jmho

J
Very true! If you can smell it on the stick that is to much, it is thouroughly mixed into the oil I feel it would take a long time to evaporate. Mean time it is washing the engine parts quite nicely.

Phil

mrfixxall
05-31-2005, 10:18 AM
Very true! If you can smell it on the stick that is to much, it is thouroughly mixed into the oil I feel it would take a long time to evaporate. Mean time it is washing the engine parts quite nicely.

Phil

:kaioken: ha! mop if their is oil in the crank case you can distroy the bearings and the vapors can ignite and blow your valve covers off (i did it boom!) so you mat want to change your oil....

joseph m. hahnl
06-01-2005, 08:41 PM
I'll change the oil but i need to get the bugs worked out of this carb 1st.
it was flooding thru the trucks now. i took it off and cleaned the bowls and checked the float level and needle seat. it all looked good but there was a lot of dirt in the bowls. debree must have got under the needle seat.
well it's pretty wet and i tried to let it sit for a day still flooded. tried to burn off
the gas off plugs almost got her to go but they got wet again. i also here a spark coming from one of the wires. if any one has a good method for drying the cylinders i am allways open to suggestions