PDA

View Full Version : The Great Homeless OlympX Auction

pmreed
05-27-2005, 03:16 PM
NEW NEWS. SEE POST 8
NEWER NEWS. SEE POST 11
THE NEWEST NEWS IS AT POST 14

Here we are at the Great Auction. Just an excerpt from the Where's some AOTHV pics ?? post that started this.

For those of you who missed Tom's peerless performance as auctioneer at Jamestown; here is the opportunity to get all of Tom you can stand!! Not only is he in charge of marketing this debacle, he's the master of ceremonies for the sporting events. Events such as the Dumpster Jump, and the Hot Dog Power Pack will thrill you, and the in-depth interviews will touch you. So join us over at Whatever You Want To Talk About for the Great Auction!!

Let the bidding begin!! my reserve is $2.34.

GO TO IT!!

Phil

PS: This is a seven day auction. Comments are both welcomed and solicited.

TuxedoPk
05-27-2005, 04:10 PM
I'm in for $10

RedDog
05-27-2005, 07:26 PM

and just to let everyone know - Tom is NOT entertaining. I'm ONLY bidding to help out

Ed Donnelly
05-27-2005, 10:10 PM
$20 Can I play it on my nearly new 8 track???......Ed

Lenny
05-28-2005, 12:28 AM
$40 bucks

Ed Donnelly
05-28-2005, 08:12 AM
$50 We got to stop those Canuks from getting everything. :biggrin: .....Ed

pmreed
05-28-2005, 10:29 AM
I notice that FISHIN SUCKS hasn't waded in to make any comments about the acclaim coming his way in this auction. I imagine it's due to the fact that he's such a shy and retiring kinda guy; probably embarrassed by all the attention. You Nawth'n guys are going to make him a legend in his own mind :biggrin:. Way to go fellas!!

Phil

pmreed
05-28-2005, 09:00 PM
This is going so swimmingly :shark: , that I've decided to add another DVD to the pot. It's an unopened copy of 2010 THE YEAR WE MAKE CONTACT. Needless to say, our top bidder, Ed, gets it if no one else steps up to the plate :beer: .

Phil

Ed Donnelly
05-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Everybody must be out boating. Normally whenever I bid on ANYTHING, there are a 1,000 higher bids within minutes.. You southern guys don't want to see more goodies going to Canada do you?
First a DVD
then a poster
next, a t-shirt
before you know it, a Criterion

Wnen will it end?????? ..........Ed

pmreed
05-30-2005, 02:32 PM
:lightning :lightning Stay tuned to this auction...there'll be another DVD addition tomorrow :lightning :lightning !!

Phil

pmreed
05-31-2005, 07:37 PM
As promised, here's another addition to the Great Homeless OlympX Auction. What we have is an acclaimed movie that appeals to the sensitive side, or the funnybone, starring the lovely Cameron Diaz :smileybo: ...there's something about mary . Ed, the pots getting richer...will you be the lucky winner? Or is there a lurker out there :incredibl who is just itching to pull the trigger at the last instant? Who knows??? And, it aint over 'til it's over, meaning that there will be another DVD addition to this auction.
But, the star of the auction is still Tom West's performance in the classic Homeless OlympX . So bid soon and bid often :yes: :yes: .

Phil

FISHIN SUCKS
06-02-2005, 12:40 AM
I notice that FISHIN SUCKS hasn't waded in to make any comments about the acclaim coming his way in this auction. I imagine it's due to the fact that he's such a shy and retiring kinda guy; probably embarrassed by all the attention. You Nawth'n guys are going to make him a legend in his own mind :biggrin:. Way to go fellas!!

Phil

SHY? You know me better than I thought! I would have responded sooner but when I read that RedDog felt that I wasn't entertaining, I made a quick run over to the nearest therapist to get some help. Most people aren't quite this honest with me and I'm not bright enough to know any better :bonk: !

Ed Donnelly
06-02-2005, 01:30 AM
Wow; Hell of a bidding war going on here.
I'm 60 yrs old, blind in 1 eye, and only weigh 160 lbs.
Can't remember my 9 yr old daughters name SO
you have nothing to be afraid of, if you outbid me. I am too feable
to do anything about it.
Besides, I live in Canada and don't go to the States anymore...........Ed

pmreed
06-03-2005, 11:44 AM
:cistineb: OK Ed, here's the news you've been waiting for: :cistineb:

As Friday waxes, and the Great Auction wanes; behold the final addition to the treasure trove :yippie: . Starring George Clooney, we bring you the critically acclaimed Three Kings, a true action-adventure :uzi: with more than a touch of comedy :jestera: . Brutal at times:smash: , it deserves Ebert's, "one of the best movies of the year." That would have been 1999. Step up one, step up all and help support the Donzi.net :bighug: ; and win a prize that keeps on giving with hours of great entertainment :biggrin: !!

Phil

the small print: auction ends midnight Saturday EDT. Remit winning bid money to the harbormaster.As soon as the winning bidder informs me he's sent the funds, PM me your address and I'll send the DVDs.

GOOD LUCK and May the Force Be With You

boldts
06-03-2005, 01:26 PM
Since I missed Tom's job has auctioneer, I need to get in on this for sure. I'll up the bid to $100.

As a side note, thru the proceeds of all the attendees of AOTH 5's auction, we collected $1,600 dollars of which I will be sending the Harbormaster a check for $800 to help support the Registry. Thank-you everyone who participated in our auction this year!

pmreed
06-03-2005, 03:43 PM
WOW Scott, that's what I call really stepping up to the plate :hyper: . I'd love to keep such valuable property south of the border ya know... No customs forms for Ohio, right ;) ? Sorry Jim and I got in too late Thursday to meet you at the AOTH.

Ed, I don't know whether you're pleased or bummed, but I'd be happy to trot on down to the post office and fill out those forms for your "Birthday gift" :D .

Any other movie and Tom West buffs out there? Only about 30 hours to go!!

Phil

Ed Donnelly
06-04-2005, 01:57 PM
I,m a little of both. If it has to go to someone else, I am happy that it is Scott.
With duty, brockerage, and conversion, thats pushing $200 Canadian.
The boss would beat my ass.( no I am not into that) :hyper: ....Ed

pmreed
06-04-2005, 04:42 PM
OK Guys, 6 hours and thirty minutes to go. Ya gonna let Scott walk away with all the marbles??

Phil

pmreed
06-04-2005, 07:45 PM
:yes: :yes: TIME"S AWASTIN'...BID NOW :yes: :yes:

pmreed
06-04-2005, 10:42 PM
1800 Seconds To Go

pmreed
06-05-2005, 11:40 AM
I would have posted this right after midnight, but the server was down :) .

Well, it's over when it's over and it's over.
Congratulations to Scott Boldts for his spectacular win :beer: . I think it would be safe to say Scott is one of the top supporters of the Donzi.net, both through his financial support, and his support of Donzi activities...most notably, of course, his annual Awakening of the Horses each year. Lets hear it for the Boldts!!!!! :bighug:

And thanks too to Tom West for his brilliant :jestera: performance in the title title of this auction...The Homeless OlympX.

Thanks also to the losers, TuxedoPK, RedDog, Lenny, and Ed Donnelly. You stepped up and volunteered support for the Harbormaster and the Donzi.net. Too bad you'll have to watch the movies at Scott's house :biggrin: .

Scott, PM me your current address, if it's different from the Fence Row Lane addy I sent shirts to so long ago. I'll get your winnings in the mail tomorrow!! You know what you need to do.

Well, it's been fun...Bye :wavey:

Phil