PDA

View Full Version : Donzi Hospitality

Drinsect
05-27-2005, 05:03 AM
Hospitality? I wanted to visit the Donzi Factory. I called twice. Left messages with Mr. Gold. No return call. As I was in Sarasota for Business I went to the plant. The guard called Mr. Gold. I was told to visit the Plant I had to have a dealer arrange a visit. I got to look over the fence and look at boats in plastic ready for shipping. WOW what a great visit for a Donzi owner and supporter.

Fish boy
05-27-2005, 06:26 AM
Sorry you did not make it in. Not too long ago there was an incident involving and employee and her estranged husband. Since then, Security has become very tight around the plant. Withouth prior arrangements, I am pretty sure someone will not be able to just walk up and go through the plant. They also are building some really cool things for homeland security and law-enforcement that have not been unveiled. Could be they could not bring down their tooling and relocate all of the boats they are working on to accomodate you.

ChromeGorilla
05-27-2005, 06:58 AM
Last year when I took a tour I just looked up a phone number for the factory and asked who I needed to speak to for a tour. They were pretty accomendating. But fish is right after someone show up to the factory with a rifle I'd expect a little tigghter security.

On a side note I see you're in Jax. There is a few of us around. Last Tango lives in Jax, boatcrazy lives in St. Augustine and I live in Camden County Ga. I'm in Jax everyweekend on the boat. What kind of Donzi do you have? Where do you boat? Just curious. Scott

Drinsect
05-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Last year when I took a tour I just looked up a phone number for the factory and asked who I needed to speak to for a tour. They were pretty accomendating. But fish is right after someone show up to the factory with a rifle I'd expect a little tigghter security.

On a side note I see you're in Jax. There is a few of us around. Last Tango lives in Jax, boatcrazy lives in St. Augustine and I live in Camden County Ga. I'm in Jax everyweekend on the boat. What kind of Donzi do you have? Where do you boat? Just curious. Scott

I live on the Rebalt river it intersects with the Trout River then the St. Johns. I boat around the center of Jax. The donzi I am restoring is a 21-GT it will get a new emron paint job this week. Then new gas tank and new seats and it is ready to rock and roll. :wink:

ChromeGorilla
05-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Sweet! I can't wai to see it. We'll have to hook up and run to Whitey's or Outback Crabshack sometime.