PDA

View Full Version : Finally got in the Water...

EricG
05-27-2005, 12:33 AM
Today we experience an 85 degree day...one of about 10 we'll have all year, so I decided I had better attempt to get the boat in the water before Seattle weather comes back...

The Launch at Lake Washingmachine (I mean Lake Washington) was packed...including a sweet red 22C (who are you?), but I finally managed to get in the water. It was rough as always...but still, what a great run... We ran down under the floating bridge, passed Mr. Microsoft's house, and then passed Mr. Starbuck's house on the way back... I actually never realized that they actually live exactly across the lake from each other.

I do have one question, is it possible to have too much oil pressure? At idle I'm between 50 & 60, and when running the guage is pegged at 80. I'm running straight 40 like I always have....just wondering.

Here are some pics:
Bill G's little home on the lake...the picture doesn't really do it justice, but I have outlined it so you can see the sheer size...
The washingmachine...with Mt. Rainier in the background
Mt. Rainier
Time to go home
The mess at the launch

EG

Lenny
05-27-2005, 12:44 AM
Nice, :yes: Looks great. !!! Glad you got out. Tomorrow is 3 degrees hotter here. (Celcius :rolleyes: )

You need a big ass SOLAS on there brother :D

Looks good, have fun, say hi to Kath for me :)

MOP
05-27-2005, 06:28 AM
I run about the same numbers but I feel staight 40 is to heavy but that is a matter of opinion. I run 10-40 Kendell GT1 in my mine, I have 40 idle 75 run and get pressure instantly.

phil

Fish boy
05-27-2005, 06:35 AM
Great shots Eric, glad you got out:)

DJ13
05-27-2005, 06:03 PM
Too funny! I got out as well, into the sound. Nowhere near as rough on the inside passages in Bremerton, Poulsbo and Blake Island. Took a few pix & may upload them if I get a chance. Got Rainier, Seattle, & some sea lions, etc. Tourist photos! Today's supposed to be 90 so I'll be out after work! Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone! :hyper:

What a day!

Cuda
05-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Great pics Eric. Makes me miss the PNW for both weeks of summer. :) As a matter of fact, my cousin flew out last night to Oregon to spend the holiday with his dad.

DJ13
05-30-2005, 02:13 PM
Eric,

Got some pix posted, didn't know if you caught them...

dave

Zudnic
05-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Nice pics, favorite 18 color combo.

One of our family friends, consults to the Seattle Art Museum, Mrs. Gates is the director of SAM. He's attended fundraisers at the Gates place. He said it was one of the largest private residences he's been inside. The guy has done picture books on Asian architecture. So he's been inside palaces and stuff like that. Written and photoghraphed for Architectural Digest, so he's been in alot of homes. Think he said it was nearly 50K square feet, just to give you an idea on how really big this house is.

EricG
05-30-2005, 06:17 PM
Eric,

Got some pix posted, didn't know if you caught them...

dave

I think I know what the Sea Lions are staring at :yes: :eek!: :biggrin:

Great pics Dave...

Nice pics, favorite 18 color combo.
Thanks for the compliment, I love the color combo on my boat...but I will say that as a Husky...there's always been something a little "off" about it :rolleyes: But, purple wouldn't look as good :D

We got out again Saturday...a ton of boats out in the cove at Seward Park, and Coulon Park in Renton was NUTS! :eek!: The run back from Renton to the ship canal was crazy! I think it's safe to say the boat's all shaken down and ready for Chelan now. I cruised by Blewbyu's house...but I didn't see his boat in the water.

A few more pics...

EG

Zudnic
05-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Thanks for the compliment, I love the color combo on my boat...but I will say that as a Husky...there's always been something a little "off" about it :rolleyes: But, purple wouldn't look as good :D

I can fix the off for you... Just needs a little graphics work, found the perfect one for it. :spit: