PDA

View Full Version : New Southeast Event at Strom Thurmond Lake

Greg K
05-25-2005, 10:12 PM
Looking for interest for a Donzi gathering, July 29-31, at Savannah Lakes Resort (http://www.savannahlakesresort.us/). Resort is about 40 miles north of Augusta, GA
Strom Thurmond Lake is 71,000 acres with 1200 miles of shoreline. From the dam at the south..it stretches 40 miles north up the Savannah River and about 30 mile west up the Little River.
Here's a link to the Lake Map (http://www.sas.usace.army.mil/lakes/thurmond/map.htm)

**Alright now...here's the info. I blocked 10 rooms for the weekend of July 29-31. The number for Savannah Lakes is 1-800-544-8912 and ask for reservations.
Block of rooms is under Southeast Donzi. Rate is $89 per night. These people have been real good to deal with and look forward to a weekend here.**

Please e-mail me or private message me after you have made a reservation or are planning on coming. This is so I can keep track of who's attending and if we may need extra rooms.

MrsDigger
05-25-2005, 10:53 PM
Hrmmm...somebody named a LAKE after that guy?

Greg K
05-25-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally it was called Clarks Hill Lake, but was congressionally renamed in 1988. People from GA still refer to it as Clarks Hill.

rustnrot
05-26-2005, 11:28 AM
yesyoucan has a house on this lake so he and I will be there with his 16' V Drive! BTW, before it was Clarks Hill it was Clark Hill, that is how long I have known this lake......

Oh, I guess the Blackhawk of his will probably be there also if not sold by then (shameless plug).

dfunde01
05-26-2005, 11:55 AM
yesyoucan has a house on this lake so he and I will be there with his 16' V Drive! BTW, before it was Clarks Hill it was Clark Hill, that is how long I have known this lake......

Oh, I guess the Blackhawk of his will probably be there also if not sold by then (shameless plug).

I caught my first fish in Clark Hill to many years ago to think about. The proper name was Clark Hill Reservior at Clark's Hill, SC. Us local rabble just called it Clark Hill. Clark Hill and Hartwell share the same problem of not a lot of places to stay. I'll be on Hartwell this weekend in the Glenn Ferry area continuing sea trials on the new Classic 16. Just mounted the GPS today so I will have some true speed readings. Saw a pod of Hi-Performance cats and deep vee's playing in the area but I didn't see any Donzi's. I'm laying low until I'm through the break-in period and get enough seat time to feel I know a lot more about how that little puppy is going to react at the high end. My 50HP 24ft pontoon just isn't much of a challenge to handle at WOT.

Dave

rustnrot
05-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Sounds like WE ARE GETTING A QUORUM. Greg K you are the man for posting this!!!

Hey, yesyoucan, whassup???????

yesyoucan
05-26-2005, 05:08 PM
I have a home with a pool on the opposite end of the lake from Hickory Knob State Park.It would be a nice run down and we could have a cook out/party
one afternoon so everyone could get back up the lake before dark.This lake is great.As mentioned 71,000 acres and very under developed.I would be glad to help with planning.Savannah Lakes might have more rooms available.
The two places are very close together.

Greg K
05-26-2005, 05:50 PM
Sounds good...Just got off the phone with Savannah Lakes and they have plenty of rooms available. Only drawback to SL is ramp is about a mile away..I think we can deal with that. Rooms are limited at the state park, six lodge rooms left when I checked a few minutes ago. I think SL will be the better of the two from a availability standpoint and they also have a bar... to hang out later in the evening. I will be calling them back and blocking rooms and will let everyone know the details tomorrow.
Let's do it. :beer:
Savannah Lakes Marina
http://www.savannahlakesresort.us/images/Marina5.jpg
Aerial shot of Resort
http://www.savannahlakesresort.us/images/arial.jpg
Lake Pics
http://www.slvpoa.net/picture/picture-bar-lake.jpg

Greg K
05-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Greg K,
Earlier today you had a post on here with the DATE you were thinking of having this event. That date seems to have vanished off this thread. For which weeekend are you blocking rooms?
Yes I did...I edited the first post and didn't realize I removed the dates. Fixed now...Again, this is for the weekend of July 29-31.

Greg K
05-31-2005, 03:50 PM
Bump....info updated...see first post.

ChromeGorilla
06-02-2005, 12:11 AM
Ok, Greg you've got me thinkin.....and Mark is in.....I'll have to BS out of work that Fri and arrive hopefully by dinner Fri. I may do this without the wifey....she works till 5:30 and leaving that late is a royal PITA. I'll let y'all know if I'm in for sure.

Dr. Dan
06-04-2005, 10:40 PM
:banghead: I have a special Surgery to Perform in Lake Winnie that very same Weekend. What a shame...maybe HollaGeo Poster Boy for the Oxygen Deprived At Birth could be my stand in? :D

Doc of Instigation :wavey:

Greg K
06-13-2005, 10:11 PM
Brining it back to the top and just checking who's in for this weekend. I have heard directly from a couple others besides what response I've seen here.
If you need more info, let me know. Back to the top (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39997)

zzrhino
06-14-2005, 11:09 AM
greg im in nice and close to myrtle beach see ya there! :boat:

Greg K
07-21-2005, 10:16 PM
Due to some changes in my personal life in the past month and a half, I will not be able to attend and will be cancelling my reservation for this gathering.
I still feel this location is perfect for a gathering and I hope to reschedule it again in the future and regret having to bail on this one, but it's for the better that I do. I'm not sure how many have made reservations, but those that I know that have, I will contact you directly.

Thanks for you understanding.

sweet 16 1966
07-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Greg,
Best of luck to you in what you are going through. I was planning on showing up for sat or sun. Lets try to reschedule or plan on Eufalla.
I will miss the gathering.