PDA

View Full Version : It's like Christmas here today

Lenny
05-25-2005, 06:59 PM
:) Thanks Grizz, it came today. I will first take down numbers from tach and GPS with the 24 Ultra, third hole, and then the same with the SOLAS for your comparison and others. Can't wait :D

Ed Donnelly
05-25-2005, 07:12 PM
Lenny; Well what are the results?? Geez its been 12 min. already. What is taking you sooooo looooong????Ed

Lenny
05-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Ed, glitch in boating today. Weather is PERFECT, sunny and hot, light chop etc. But, Deneen, my co-pilot for the testing had to stay a work for a while and I wanted her to be there. ( I have been out many times and she has yet to accompany me) :(

Anyways, without taking pics (yet) and the Ultra off for comparison, I will say this...

There is NO WAY these two props are close in appearance. The SOLAS is HUGE, and makes the Ultra look like a 3 bladed prop off of a British Seagull.
The ears, rake, the whole she-bang is WAAAAYYYY larger than the Ultra. At 15 5/8" Diameter we see an extra 1 1/2" of swing too. This is going to be FUN :yes:

I will do two hole and three hole tests. I like the loftiness of the boat at three but I know I am sacrificing bite. I will be fair. :)

This will be a spreadsheet ordeal.

EricG
05-26-2005, 10:51 AM
No Offense Len, but I'm really hoping you don't get the performance that I think you will....I really don't have the money for one of these props right now :biggrin:

Seriously, I can't wait to hear how it goes...

EG

thriller
05-26-2005, 11:13 AM
My guess is that it will inflate his lifeline:eek!:

MM

MOP
05-26-2005, 01:30 PM
We should get a report any minute from Leonado DeCarpentier I know he is awake! Hope it is up to his expectations.

Phil