PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the Classic owners...

dclassic
05-24-2005, 09:40 PM
Some of you may remember my posts back about a year ago asking opinions on the various classics. Based on all your helpful suggestions and several Atlanta area Donzi nuts (Bad Tat, Tomahawk, Big Grizzly, Etc) we ended up with the legendary Tomahawk 22 Classic. Thanks to all you who helped determine which classic to get. The 22 is great fun and we have had it out several times but I have failed with pics until recently. Now that I have pics I figured it is time to do the post and thank everyone.

For those that do not know the boat it is a '96 22 Classic with 454 Mag / Bravo One, with Stainless Marine Exhaust and some other goodies Tom installed. Tom is a very fussy chap just like myself and I have spent several days cleaning an already spotless boat, but it looks brand new just as it will continue to look. It runs like a scalded cat and even managed to work as a slalom tow rig, I couldn't be happier.

Thanks to all, especially Tom and June for their hospitality and taking such good care of our Donzi. All you board members have been wonderful and I look forward to meeting more of you in person at some of the events. The pics are from this weekend on the other side of Lanier if they manage to post.

Thanks to all :rlol:

gold-n-rod
05-24-2005, 09:54 PM
Wow, what a beeeeeuuuuu-t-full boat. And clean, too.

If I ever own a 22, that's what I want it to look like.

Enjoy!

MOP
05-24-2005, 09:57 PM
It is good to see such a sweet boat go on to good hands, lots of luck with it. I am jealous as I doubt if I will ever step up and buy one that nice, my old beater 22 will have to do!

Phil

Cuda
05-24-2005, 10:08 PM
That boat has been one of my favorite 22's since I've been on here. I met Tom at Mt Dora this year. Seems he got the wood bug. :)

MOP
05-24-2005, 10:11 PM
Sounds like Tom fell in with a bad crowd, any chance of rescue?

dclassic
05-25-2005, 11:36 AM
Whoa now, back the bus up a moment..

HOW DARE you come on this board and start lying to us???

Cause we KNOW Tom's boat could not / would not EVER need cleaning :) :) :)

Congrats on the purchase of my favorite 22 (well, besides mine) ever!! Talked to Tom @ Dora, he is starting to miss the smell of fibeglass a bit already... hink "mew, larger boathouse" :D :D :D

:) I never said it was dirty... I just said I cleaned it :)

Compulsive cleaning of new toys is how I better acquaint myself with said toy, it is very therapudic :) .

I'm sure Tom is going through withdrawl, I'll probably stop by Monday and see if he and June would like to take it out again. I tried to tell him that it will be tough to quit cold turkey like that. Although, his woody is absolutely beautifu, it would look really nice next to another Donzi.

Now that some of my friends and family have been in the Donzi , they too are starting to see the light. We just might might have a few more Donzi's on Lanier if all goes well.

Craig S
05-25-2005, 11:57 AM
That boat has been one of my favorite 22's since I've been on here. I met Tom at Mt Dora this year. Seems he got the wood bug. :)

"Sounds like Tom fell in with a bad crowd, any chance of rescue?"

don't make me talk trash....lol

18FOOTER
05-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Nice ride. What a way to start out with a case of Donzimania. Good luck with it.

Tomahawk
05-26-2005, 03:57 PM
Indeed, there are withdrawal issues. The Donzi is probably the coolest boat of all time - IMO. However, my boat went to a guy who will look after it with even more care than I. Some of the Donzi people around Lake Lanier met Jason and Kathy at our house last summer as they looked for a boat and decided what they wanted. Many of the rest of you will meet them at events in the future. In addition to being nice people and very fastidious, Jason is a motorhead as one of the owners of Atlanta Triumph/Ducati.
We're into the wooden thing right now but I did look at an attractive 28 ZX a couple weeks ago :idea: If we get tired of 35 mph, we'll be back in a Donzi!
One suggestion for you Jason, you need a teal truck. Or one like this:

Jerry Eisele
05-30-2005, 11:05 AM
TOM, Great looking woody!!! We missed you,Joe and Grizz at the AOTH. I know Grizz will be back and I hope you and Joe return soon. Jason, you need to come up to Cumberland next year!! Bad tat will lead the way. See you soon.

Forrest
05-31-2005, 03:19 PM
Tom without Tomahawk? :eek!: This is going to take some serious getting use too. That had to be the cleanest 22 the I've ever seen. Congrats to the new owners Jason and Kathy. :cool!:

RickR
06-01-2005, 07:53 PM
dclassic
Glad to see you made it to "THE BOARD".
Enjoyed meeting you in Atlanta.
Good luck with Tomahawk!