PDA

View Full Version : 1986 Donzi Minx

boldts
05-24-2005, 09:21 PM
Anyone in NJ know if this Minx is still for sale?

http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/marine_classifieds/adv-search.cgi?id=65061-ad

CMC
05-24-2005, 09:31 PM
I traded a few Emails with the owner. I passed because it had bottom paint. I am 99% sure he reposted here that it was sold.

Donzi Dreaming
05-24-2005, 09:31 PM
Anyone in NJ know if this Minx is still for sale?

http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/marine_classifieds/adv-search.cgi?id=65061-ad

Pretty sure this is the boat...

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=37969&highlight=minx

boldts
05-24-2005, 10:34 PM
Thanks guys. My memory sure isn't what it used to be. :) I still really like that color combo and would love to buy that Minx. AOTH this past weekend really makes me want another Donzi. So hard to wait, but I know I've got to get life back in order first. It's just such fun looking through the classified ads.

speedster77
05-25-2005, 07:38 AM
Yep, that was my boat- Any questions on just ask. I sold it and should not have. I have hunted marinas from DC to New York and can not seem to find a Donzi or Go Fast that has not had the ever living stuffing beat out of it to replace what had to have been one of the cleanest 1986 boats in the North East!

Has any one else looking come across these conditions on newer (1998 +) Classics and ZX Boats?

-One 22C had a LONG & Deep crack running along the port side stringer (top & bottom-in the hull)

-22ZX Broken cavitation plate on the drive, the start of little barnacles, chunks chips and cracks all over the bottom and the fiberglass part of the wind screen pulled away from the boat leaving a nice running crack at the base.

-22zx in Philadelphia DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME, the boat shows major signs of having hit something very hard across a 2.5 foot section mid-ship from the water line to about 3 or 4 inches above the top of the boot stripe add the fact that it looked like the supports glassing the deck and bulkhead were delaminated / broken and I would say STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!

All in all, my little case of bottom paint was not that bad !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone has any interest in selling me a clean go fast in the North East / Mid Atlantic, to get me through the summer, let me know- By now I am thinking a Hobie Cat is not that bad of an idea!!!!!!!!!!!!

Price Range = > 35K

Zudnic
05-26-2005, 09:55 AM
Thanks guys. My memory sure isn't what it used to be. :) I still really like that color combo and would love to buy that Minx. AOTH this past weekend really makes me want another Donzi. So hard to wait, but I know I've got to get life back in order first. It's just such fun looking through the classified ads.

The color combi is sweet. Classified dreaming for me is good way to motivate and often pass the time flipping through them!

Yep, that was my boat- Any questions on just ask. I sold it and should not have. I have hunted marinas from DC to New York and can not seem to find a Donzi or Go Fast that has not had the ever living stuffing beat out of it to replace what had to have been one of the cleanest 1986 boats in the North East!

The West coast rarely has good Classics, hardly any Donzi's in my neck of the woods forsale or out on the water of any model.

What did you sell her for? Minx is on my list, still trying to find a price range on them.

speedster77
05-26-2005, 06:23 PM
I got 13,800 for the boat on a 1991 trailer. I think it was a good deal for all involved. Now if I could only find a boat that does not need to be redone or shipped from half way around the world I would be a happy camper.

Where the he!! are all the clean 28' Cigs , 27' Magnums and why do no marinas want to handel a cat for in and out storage????

They say half the fun is finding your toy, not this time around for me!!!

Zudnic
05-26-2005, 08:13 PM
I got 13,800 for the boat on a 1991 trailer. I think it was a good deal for all involved. Now if I could only find a boat that does not need to be redone or shipped from half way around the world I would be a happy camper.

Where the he!! are all the clean 28' Cigs , 27' Magnums and why do no marinas want to handel a cat for in and out storage????

They say half the fun is finding your toy, not this time around for me!!!

Cats are harder to move about the yard. It's extra hard to find in my backyard a clean decent priced Donzi in 18 to 20ft range. Add in my budget restraints and its near impossible.

gcarter
05-29-2005, 03:35 AM
I would probably entertain selling mine for the right offer. Less than 15 hours on a very major resto. My wife doesn't seem to like the Donzi type of boating.
Oh yeah, new aluminum trailer.
Understand I'm not desperate to sell, but I guess ultimately everything is for sale.

Zudnic
05-29-2005, 11:47 AM
I would probably entertain selling mine for the right offer. Less than 15 hours on a very major resto. My wife doesn't seem to like the Donzi type of boating.
Oh yeah, new aluminum trailer.
Understand I'm not desperate to sell, but I guess ultimately everything is for sale.

What kind of boating does she like? My sales manager has kinda the same problem with his family and a Bayliner 32 cabin cruiser.

I sold my house last year to buy more property. The house on it is an older farm type, that I'm not happy with! I'm waiting for the county to approve the lot split into parcels and than I'm listing most of it forsale. Trying to decide if I want to keep 5 acres and build or buy smaller lot on the Columbia River and build. I have to set aside enough to build something, maybe buy land. Actuelly considering module construction to save cash. I have idea's in my head on what I will pay for certain models of Donzi.

I have the Hotboat issue July 04 with a Minx pictured in owner rides kept for a reason, drool! :odie: Until I'm settled don't think I could make offer that will make you want to sell, maybe in the next couple of months when lots are sold I will pm you and make the offer that cant be refused. :biggrin.:

gcarter
05-29-2005, 02:50 PM
Elaine and her brother Frank grew in Tampa on long, sheltered ski lakes, where they both passionately pursued that sport. In fact Frank just bought another used Mastercraft, probably the fifteenth one he's owned.
So she's used to glassy water and speeds of around 36 MPH LOL. She has no concept of why being aired out at over 60 MPH is fun.
If you'll scan that magazine article and email it to me, I'll consider your offer when you make it.

:wavey:

Zudnic
05-29-2005, 03:10 PM
Elaine and her brother Frank grew in Tampa on long, sheltered ski lakes, where they both passionately pursued that sport. In fact Frank just bought another used Mastercraft, probably the fifteenth one he's owned.
So she's used to glassy water and speeds of around 36 MPH LOL. She has no concept of why being aired out at over 60 MPH is fun.
If you'll scan that magazine article and email it to me, I'll consider your offer when you make it.

:wavey:

Scan it tuesday, I'll have my work neighbors due it. Having ghraphic artists next-door comes in handy.

Lenny
05-29-2005, 11:50 PM
or buy smaller lot on the Columbia River

You'll need more than a DONZI to get out of the river afloat :eek: I have windsurfed there (years ago). I also toured the Fort Stevens Coast Guard facility and you will note that most of their boats are submersible and can self right and keep on running...

Now THERE'S some interesting water. :eek:

Zudnic
05-30-2005, 06:08 AM
You'll need more than a DONZI to get out of the river afloat :eek: I have windsurfed there (years ago). I also toured the Fort Stevens Coast Guard facility and you will note that most of their boats are submersible and can self right and keep on running...

Now THERE'S some interesting water. :eek:

Fort Stevens was the only military installation in the continental United States to receive hostile fire during WWII. Yes, boys and girls, the Japanese got all the way to Oregon. On some night in 1942, a Japanese submarine fired 17 shells at it, but caused no damage. As part of FDR's new deal (stolen idea from Canada) in 1936 construction began on several mega project dams, the biggest along the Columbia River was the Grand Coulee Dam. At the time of its completion in 1941 it was the biggest hydro dam in the World. Today Coulee is still the largest mass of concrete construction in the United States. Aluminum smelting was vital to the war effort. The electricity was also used to produce uranium at the Hanford Site as part of the top secret Manhattan Project. The dam was instrumental in the industrial development of the Pacific Northwest and developing agriculture in Central Washington. Lucky for us, the Japanese would have to travel several hundred miles up the Columbia, to get these prime targets. Not to mention ten other dams that they would have to get over destroy before reaching Coulee. Grand Coulee was inspired by the dam built in Revelstoke, British Columbia. The Japanese would not have attacked the United States if we did not cut off their war machine from our aluminum. We did so because Canada was at war with them.

“The Columbia River is 58-million-hectare area (about the size of France) extends roughly from the crest of the Cascade Mountains of Oregon and Washington east through Idaho to the Continental Divide in the Rocky Mountains of Montana and Wyoming, and from the headwaters of the Columbia River in Canada to the high desert of northern Nevada and northwestern Utah. “ –- CIA World Fact Book

One of the lots I’m looking at is located in Entiat, which is on the west side of the Columbia River between Chelan and Wenatchee on Highway 97A. The water is a little calmer!

:biggrin.:

Zudnic
05-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Oh,yeah, that was not intended to be a slam. I was thinking of something for Memorial Day. When you mentioned Fort Stevens; I remember that often forgotten tid bit of history.