PDA

View Full Version : 1981 20' Hornet

boldts
05-24-2005, 07:39 PM
Anyone looking at this Donzi up in Chicago?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4550744642&category=31271

Just Say N20
05-24-2005, 10:18 PM
I checked out this Chicago Donzi about 3 weeks ago, and posted a bunch of pictures of it (I think that thread is called "Another Hornet" and is on page 2 of this section by now). Below is what I found out about it.

The deck stripes and the sides are painted, and I would classify the job as a 50 footer. Anything closer than 50 feet, and the paint doesn't look that good. When you look at the deck near eye level, you can see the different heights of gelcoat where the original stripe was.

The owner bought the boat as it is. He has maintained it (oil changes, etc.), and ran it.

I asked him about the plate on the deck just behind the nav light, and beyond saying it was there when he bought it, he had no further explanation.

The engine sounded decent, and the thru-hulls had a baffle in them that took some of the bite out of the exhaust note.

Some of the modifications to the boat looked pretty good (dash, uphostery), but some of the stuff was done poorly, with wires hanging loose, switches dangling.

He is a single guy, who also had a small tunnel boat he uses as a tender for his 34 Sea Ray. He is adding a second story to his home, and figured he would sell the Donzi. This will be his third season, if he keeps it. He told me he paid $15,000 for it. He set the reserve on ebay at $16,000. He told me he would entertain an offer around $13,500. I thought that might be a little steep, but the boat seemed sound, the trailer is a nice, newer aluminum one, and the boat could be re-painted with awlgrip or imron back to the way it should be.

Who knows, seeing that the real bench seat Hornet sold for over $10K. He might get a good buck for it.

Zudnic
05-28-2005, 03:59 PM
I like the color combo. She looks mint, decent price to bad she's in Chicago!