PDA

View Full Version : Where's some AOTHV pics ??

Lenny
05-22-2005, 11:41 AM
Come on guys, I need to see and hear a bit of Cumberland.

(seems whenever Brad Verd attends events we get Live Streaming :D )

At least give us something :)

ITTLFLI
05-22-2005, 12:49 PM
real quik ....here are a few...........:yippie: :smileybo:

1)jerry eisele..22 classic
2)doncig...18 classic
3)sam...16 classic
4)smoothie...20 cigarette
5)reddog....22 classic

dfunde01
05-22-2005, 03:38 PM
Is the red and white Donzi without a whindshield a Classic 16?

Dave

Lenny
05-22-2005, 03:47 PM
Yep... Anniversary Edition 16 Classic

Thanks Byron :D

ITTLFLI
05-22-2005, 04:35 PM
here are some more...

ITTLFLI
05-22-2005, 04:38 PM
the auction!!

Lenny
05-22-2005, 04:45 PM
Great pics, :D , did Mr. Lovins manage to keep his "hoses" on this year ???

Man, does his boat ROCK.

ITTLFLI
05-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Great pics, :D , did Mr. Lovins manage to keep his "hoses" on this year ???

Man, does his boat ROCK.

Yes he did! In fact he got 1 of the 2 "BIG AIR AWARDS" given by Doncig!!

ITTLFLI
05-22-2005, 05:01 PM
:biggrin.:

ITTLFLI
05-22-2005, 05:04 PM
:shark:

Lenny
05-22-2005, 06:22 PM
How many boats this year ??? Are there DONZI's to the right of the Carp feeding area ?

BUIZILLA
05-22-2005, 06:36 PM
No Minx's ???

gcarter
05-22-2005, 07:16 PM
No Minx's ???
Why would anyone take a picture of one of those ugly things? :jestera: :rlol:
I think there were two and another owner w/o his boat.

gcarter
05-22-2005, 07:46 PM
Here's a few I took before my batteries went dead. I had more (batteries) but I couldn't find them......... :frown:

RedDog
05-23-2005, 08:03 AM
Damn.. If only I had known the long awaited Donzi Cat was going to be there......

Ask DonziChick about that Donzi Cat. She was driving it at triple digit speeds!

I'll try to get my pictures posted tonight

BUIZILLA
05-23-2005, 08:19 AM
That's an awesome black Minx. :biggrin:

gcarter
05-23-2005, 12:14 PM
We watched the 'Cat depart from the falls, It stood up on it's transom, cavitated for about two seconds, and vanished in about ten more seconds. :eek!: :eek!:

pmreed
05-23-2005, 01:15 PM
That "cat" is Connie's 25' Eliminator with a honkin' 996 hp 572. Good for about a buck fifteen on the clock :eek!: .

Phil

Ranman
05-23-2005, 02:04 PM
FYI
Connie Cushing out of Ann Arbor, MI
25 Eliminator Cat a.k.a. "?"
Tyler Crockett built 572 c.i. 1000hp 1015lbft torque
Speedmaster Drive
35P 5 Blade Prop
Runs well into the hundred-teens

http://zabram.com/pics/AOTHV_05/Gallery/imagepages/IMG_0237.html

http://zabram.com/pics/AOTHV_05/Gallery/imagepages/IMG_0238.html

http://zabram.com/pics/AOTHV_05/Gallery/imagepages/IMG_0276.html

http://zabram.com/pics/AOTHV_05/Gallery/imagepages/IMG_0240.html

DonziChick
05-23-2005, 04:17 PM
Ask DonziChick about that Donzi Cat. She was driving it at triple digit speeds!

I'll try to get my pictures posted tonight

yes I did! It was awesome! I rode back with Connie from Lee's Ford (lunch) and we passed people like they were standing still ;) She let me drive from Jamestown to the dam and back. I don't think I've ever made the trip there and back so fast. I believe she said that it tops out at 125mph.

AND I somehow managed to get the other big air award :D

I'll post the pics that dad and I took tonight.

TuxedoPk
05-23-2005, 05:24 PM
These pics and stories are killing me for not being able to attend this year!

The ride on Connie's boat at Madcow was definately the fastest I've ever traveled over water.... That boat really drives home just how little storage our Donzis have under the hood.

Phil- Connie does all her own wrenching... Fun to sit back and listen to her and Byron talk.

Lenny
05-23-2005, 06:17 PM
Nice pics Randy :yes: I can't believe someone jumped off the falls. :eek:

Hope there were no boats below...

RedDog
05-23-2005, 06:32 PM
UPDATE - my photos are now posted in the Events Photo Gallery

olredalert
05-23-2005, 06:39 PM
---------Looks like you guys all had a great time. My boat wasnt back together so I opted out but very much mised being there with yall!!!!
---------A little bird (named Crockett) told me Catty Connie is looking for a bigger boat. Any truth to that rumor?..........Bill S

Magicallbill
05-23-2005, 06:43 PM
Lenny,
That's commonplace all summer long.
I've drifted in that pool below the falls countless times throughout the seasons,and watched them climb up thru the brush,appear at the top,stand there for awhile getting up the nerve to do it and....boy,you can almost feel the vibrations thru the hull when the big guys take the plunge.
It's craziest in late summer when the lake pool is lower,consequently making the drop further.Most of them are well on their way to inebration,but thankfully they have enough sense left to don a life vest every time I've seen it so far.
Roosty suggested a web cam pointing down from the top to catch departing Donzi's,but it might catch some of those loonies in mid-air...
Hopefully, I'll be needing one of those solas props for my 16 here in a few weeks.

MB

roadtrip se
05-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Thanks to Mother Nature! The weather cooperated again, even with the ominous weather forecast.. I've got the redneck, sun burn to prove it...

The Presidente, Scott Boldt, made it down Thursday. Thanks for checking in, making sure everything was good to go, and heading back to more important things. You were missed, but your efforts were not...

Thanks to Jerry, Byron, Brandon, and Elizabeth for taking up some of the slack of organizing and running things down on the docks.

Thanks to Tom West for being the best auctioneer I've seen since the Mike Miller days. Thanks to everyone who opened up their wallets to support the Midwest Donzi Club and the Registry, besides getting some really cool stuff.

Thanks to the talented Jeff Dykema for creating a great t-shirt design. Thanks to all of you who put up with my harassment and bought one. I hope the guy buying minnows at the dock enjoys his!

Thanks to Bob from Perfomance Marine for the brochures and the cool key chain giveaways.

Thanks to Jim and George for trucking those really nice Minx's up from FLA. Now somebody post some pics of these rare beasts.

Thanks to Don Tamm for hauling out all the way from Colorado with that sleeper of an 18 and what must have been 45 props to try. The secret is out, your boat GPS'ed next to me at 74-75.

Thanks to Steve and Chris from Precision Propellor for bringing all of those great props for us speed and handling mavens to try. What's wrong with swapping props out at the docks over 100 feet of water? I'm in for a TXP 28.

Thanks to Mark Horne for being the professional pitmaster and giving me somebody to squabble with over proper smoker technique! Did anyone notice that we used two different kinds of wood on the brisket? Thanks to all of you who went back for seconds. Thanks to Jennifer Oak for re-creating the experience called Celene's bean salad, yummy!

Thanks to Connie for bringing one wicked cat boat to the event. That has got to be one of the meanest chick boats I have ever seen. Way to go Jennifer and Elizabeth for having the fortitude to get behind the wheel of that thing!

Thanks to Bill Bateman, Robert Gerometta, Richard Reese, Byron Scholle, Larry Scholle, Doug Luvins, Sam Pilato, Carl and Air Patti, and all of the others for the pleasure of seeing some fine oiled machines run. Is it my imagination, or do these things keep getting a little faster every year?

Funniest question from a tourist standing on the dock looking at the boat row... "Is this the rental fleet, they all look the same?" And the best response from Randy Oak.."Yes, they are, but the deposit is $20,000 and you don't have to return it!"

For anyone whom I missed and kicked in to make this the great event that it is every year, come back and enjoy it again next year!

RT

Ranman
05-23-2005, 07:06 PM
---------A little bird (named Crockett) told me Catty Connie is looking for a bigger boat. Any truth to that rumor?..........Bill S

SHe said she'd like to move up to a 28.

You can see all our AOTH V shots at:

http://www.zabram.com/AOTHV_05/Gallery/

HEre are a few of my favorites from the weekend. Enjoy.

http://www.zabram.com/AOTHV_05/Gallery/bigimages/IMG_0261.jpg

http://www.zabram.com/AOTHV_05/Gallery/bigimages/IMG_0282.jpg

http://www.zabram.com/AOTHV_05/Gallery/bigimages/DSC00775.jpg

http://www.zabram.com/AOTHV_05/Gallery/bigimages/DSC00794.jpg

http://www.zabram.com/AOTHV_05/Gallery/bigimages/DSC00796.jpg

ChromeGorilla
05-23-2005, 07:07 PM
Yeah, whats up with the TXP?????? When I talked with them a month or 2 ago they recomended that over the Turbo..... Maybe a 26P..... How was it Todd?

ChromeGorilla
05-23-2005, 07:09 PM
Jim, the Minx looks great.....I see a well trained rope monkey riding shotgun.... :biggrin.:

show-n-go h2o
05-23-2005, 07:31 PM
i had a great time. thank you to everyone that made it happen.... i have 105 pics, i'll put them up as soon as i get home... it was great to put some faces with names..

roadtrip se
05-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Chrome said...

Yeah, whats up with the TXP?????? When I talked with them a month or 2 ago they recomended that over the Turbo..... Maybe a 26P..... How was it Todd?

I like the TXP. Jill gets really grumpy when I put the Mirage 29 on, because it just doesn't provide the ride that the Hydro Q4 does. Besides the fact that 'Ole Diablo" aka the Mirage trys to kill us at least once on every outing, it is still our fastest prop.

I tried the TXP 27 inch. It wasn't enough prop for my set-up, as I got up into the 5600-5700 range. It has a lot of cup on all edges and looks a lot like a broad Q4. I would guess that the mid-range acceleration is 15-20% better than the Mirage. It is definitely more stable. Jill thought we still had a Hydro on the drive. I want to try the 28 and I am always in the mood to retire the Mirage. Running on the firewall with Larry Schoelle proved again that the last couple out of the Mirage can be really hairy at best.

Now the standard disclosure. I am running a setup that very few folks have.
Try, before you buy, if you can!

RT

show-n-go h2o
05-23-2005, 11:43 PM
ok i finally got this to work..
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2126301880

Dr. Dan
05-24-2005, 05:32 AM
:wavey: I gotta tell ya...when I see a Lady Driving a boat, on her own and doing it all ...I think it is Sexy. Congrats to Connie and that awesome boat...and to Jenn & Elizabeth for getting behind the wheels of that and their own boats....just awesome!

:rlol: I always love to watch Lizard drive the 22...besides I never get to hear or see it otherwise...a Voyeur at heart!

Awesome pictures....always nice to see some Motors and People...some of you could take lessons from the others...but it's all good....man alot of food there...

How were the Baby Water Moccassins this year...I always remember them dropping off the Trees while Suzy was "ah warming up the water?"... :bonk:

It would be nice to identify a few of the Newer Faces there...seems like quite a few actually! That's a good thing...

Thanks For Sharing!

Doc :wavey:

boldts
05-24-2005, 10:23 AM
As Todd said, I made it down Thursday to have the opportunity to catch up with a couple old friends and meet a few that had come in early. Let me tell ya, the ride home early Friday morning was the longest drive I've ever had to make! As I've also always said, it's not me making this gathering the reunion it has become. Thank-you very much to all the people who filled in for me this year. From the e-mails I've received and now seeing the pictures everyone is posting, ya all done good!

Not sure if I'm up to the new for our gathering tradition of jumping off the falls. As I looked at those pictures I was thinking "No way he's going to jump off of there!" Next shot, he's floating down in front of the waterfall. Oh My God! I thought I was brave taking the boat behind the falls. Thank-you Carl & Patti for keeping that tradition alive! Maybe others did it also, I just only saw their picture.

A great example of how this gathering is more about the people than the boats is the fact that Connie would tow a 100 plus mph Eliminator down from Michigan to enjoy the weekend with a bunch of Donzi owners. Thank-you again Carl & Patti for convincing Connie to come down with you. Then take Rick Popa's 20' Cig. Rick brought a friend who owns a Minx and I'm hoping we'll get to see the boat at future gatherings. Rick, I'm sorry I missed you on Thursday for a ride. You know me, I have to make sure everything is ready to go and that is what I was doing. I heard there was a triple Procharged 500HP Formula hanging out with you all. I hope someone got a couple pictures that I haven't seen yet. Then the folks from Preferred Marina. Not only did they bring a 28ZX which rumor has it, the boat has broken every time it's owner has brought it down to Cumberland. Amazing that at a Donzi gathering, the boat went home with no problems. Then ShowNGo's father also brought a 34' offshore boat with a graphics package that would compare to anything in the poker run world. I'm sorry I can't remember the boat manufacture. Help me out here. I almost forgot Randy & Jenn's friends from MI who have brought their Crownline down the last couple years. Joe I think? I'm not even going to ask what was going on tied up to that No Wake bouy in the middle of the night. I just hope it involved some great Donzi girl photos! BTW, who owns the 18' barrel back? I didn't see that one on Thursday. Anyway, point is. Like the variety of people attending, we also get a great variety of boats coming every year. That is what it's all about.

One last thing. To all the Minx owners who couldn't make it this year. It's OK. Hopefully we'll catch you at another gathering somewhere. Please though send me you name and address as I have a little something that I put together for all the Minx owners. I'd like to pass them on to you even though you couldn't be with us. Cuda - Styx McGill - the red Testarosa up in NY and any others I'm missing. Please be honest cause lord knows I don't know who all the Minx owners are. It's not much anyway. Just a little something for your office or garage wall.

I was also glad to hear that everyone had a safe weekend. Hope your trips home went the same way. A special thanks to our Longest Tow winner. DonCig, thank-you for the blast from the past ride in your 18' Classic. Don't worry, I hold on to the bottom of every Donzi seat I can. The ride was spectacular and I enjoyed it immensely! I think one of the best pictures I've seen so far is the one of you running on the lake. That should be Donzi's cover shot for next year's brochure. Just beautiful and may even become a wall picture for me.

Until we meet again, everyone have a safe boating summer!

TripleCrown
05-24-2005, 09:36 PM
It was good to see you again Scott. You're right, it was Joe and Renee in Crownline. Didn't realize you had to leave so soon. That's too bad. Kept looking for you the rest of the weekend. We had such a great time last year, and an even better time this year. Thanks for all you do and everybody who made us feel part of the group.

That was actually Renee and Rob (local from Lexington) that jumped off the falls! You think you know someone... :)

Anyway, our pics are here, http://zabram.com/pics/AOTHV_05/Gallery (http://zabram.com/pics/AOTHV_05/Gallery)

If you want the full size pic, just note the filename in the gallery, then back up a directory,
http://zabram.com/pics/AOTHV_05/
and click "Originals"

Thanks again everyone, -JZ

FISHIN SUCKS
05-25-2005, 02:38 PM
We have pix coming as well. As soon as I can figure out how to do it (or get Barbi to do it). Up until a couple of years ago, I thought this laptop was was the most expensive clock my company could give me.

DonCig
05-26-2005, 07:46 AM
I just posted some pics in the gallery. I have more to post this weekend. Here are a couple of my favorites.

DonCig

show-n-go h2o
05-26-2005, 06:57 PM
ok i finally got this to work..
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2126301880

here are the rest for those of you that have an account if not it takes 2 min. to make one and it's free.http://www.imagestation.com/album/index.html?id=2126304393

smoothie
05-27-2005, 10:37 AM
We have pix coming as well. As soon as I can figure out how to do it (or get Barbi to do it). Up until a couple of years ago, I thought this laptop was was the most expensive clock my company could give me.

Tom....how about an audio of the auction instead,dude that was some funny stuff,,,BTW do ya have another copy of the homeless olympics... :biggrin:

pmreed
05-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Gawd!! The Homeless Olympics. I haven't watched it yet :tv: . I might mention it's not listed in the IMDB.com database :biggrin.: .

Phil

show-n-go h2o
05-27-2005, 12:09 PM
i have to say thanks to tom for giving me a copy of Homeless Olympics, that was one of the funniest things i've ever seen... i'm waiting on part 2 lol

CHUD

pmreed
05-27-2005, 03:13 PM
O MY GAWD!! The Homeless OlympX. What a "classic". Tom, aka. FISHIN SUCKS, what in the hell were you thinking?? And what did you promise those girls to do that :smileybo: ? I saw that you are in charge of marketing for this "masterpiece"; I guess your marketing plan is to let word of mouth circulate on the Donzi.net. Well, here goes. I'm going to put my previously viewed copy up for auction with all proceeds going to the Harbormaster. I'll even pay the shipping via media mail. For those of you who missed Tom's peerless performance as auctioneer at Jamestown; here is the opportunity to get all of Tom you can stand!! Not only is he in charge of marketing this debacle, he's the master of ceremonies for the sporting events. Events such as the Dumpster Jump, and the Hot Dog Power Pack will thrill you, and the in-depth interviews will touch you. So join us over at Whatever You Want To Talk About for the Great Auction!!

Phil

FISHIN SUCKS
05-27-2005, 11:22 PM
You guys are too kind! We have found that the movie is a wonderful gift giving idea for those who have everything! I would have had an autograph signing but I thought I was doing pretty good by not being tossed into the drink after the attempted stand up auctioneer routine!

Thanx to everyone for making Barbi and I's trip to the AOTH V so much fun, you're the best! :beer:

Jerry Eisele
05-28-2005, 06:37 AM
Elizabeth and I had a great time!!! Thanks To all you super Donzi folks! I can't believe how far some of our group travels, but am I glad. Thanks Doncig, the prop is running hard. The pitmasters out did themselves!! I think Tom[Fishin Sucks] should be the aficionado for all future auctions. We could charge admission!! Thanks to Bobby at Performance for the nice giveaways and Steve and Chris for their dedication in helping all the Dozi owners selecting props. Ranmans pics are too cool, Connie's boat was the ride of my life and thanks to the Scholles for picking up all the loss ends. Scott will be back in the saddle next year, so now we only have to wait twelve more months.
Thanks, every one for helping make this a fun event.

DonCig
06-01-2005, 05:24 PM
I just finished posting 62 photos of AOTH 2005. Here are the last four for your enjoyment. If you want or need the large file format for prints or enlargements, just email me at dont@gssi.us and I will send them to you as time allows. Please specify the last two numbers of each specific photo so that I do not have to search.

Thanks to all for your friendship and the opportunity to photograph your beautiful boats.

Until the next event,

DonCig

FISHIN SUCKS
06-02-2005, 12:28 AM
Tom....how about an audio of the auction instead,dude that was some funny stuff,,,BTW do ya have another copy of the homeless olympics... :biggrin:

Sorry for the missed response. Get me your address and I'll get you a copy if you think you can stomach this thing for almost an hour! :bonk: