PDA

View Full Version : F20 Cockpit build

Cuda
05-21-2005, 03:42 PM
I started making the interior for the cockpit of the F20 today. I was measuring some stuff in my 302. I found the rear seat of the 302 will fit in the F20, so I'm going to use it as a template.

Cuda
05-21-2005, 03:44 PM
Of course in all my wisdom, I set up to do the work in the bald open sun, in the only spot that gets no breeze at all. And it's 90 here today. :splat:

onesubdrvr
05-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Can't wait to see it done Joe,... I was looking at some Formula's online yesterday, and they are sharp!!

By the way, not to bring up a sore subject,....

Did you get your Minx back this week as promised?

Wayne

Cuda
05-21-2005, 03:54 PM
The guy called me this morning. He said the engine was in, and he was going to seatrial it. That was hours ago, and I haven't heard a word from him. I was going to drive there tomorrow to pick it up if it was done. :confused:

Cuda
05-21-2005, 03:56 PM
Btw Wayne, do you have any pictures of how you routed the exhaust on the Rag? I may put thru hulls on the F20, and I don't like where it would come out if I run it straight back from the risers.

onesubdrvr
05-21-2005, 04:19 PM
Btw Wayne, do you have any pictures of how you routed the exhaust on the Rag? I may put thru hulls on the F20, and I don't like where it would come out if I run it straight back from the risers.
Joe,

You bet'cha :yes:

I came out of the risers with 4" 90's, angled down about 10*, then used TridentMarine 4" wet exhaust hose, Tips are from Corsa. Also, Corsa had a bunch of different side exit tips - for certain MFG's, but they weren't overly helpful to me as far as using these - something like "they have special bends to clear things for certain model boats,...these are the easiest ones to use"

DO IT, I LOVE IT!!
Wayne

Cuda
05-21-2005, 05:04 PM
I still plan to exit at the transom, I just need to move it a bit towards the outside. Where it would hit now is where the lifting rings are, which, not coincidently, is the thickest part of the transom.

onesubdrvr
05-21-2005, 05:29 PM
I still plan to exit at the transom, I just need to move it a bit towards the outside. Where it would hit now is where the lifting rings are, which, not coincidently, is the thickest part of the transom.
Joe,

I've got the old exhaust off of my dad's Formula, it did just that, essentially a 3-4" offset off of straight back (via a set of double 90's), 3" though, if you're interested, I'll shoot some pictures for 'ya

Wayne

Cuda
05-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Joe,

I've got the old exhaust off of my dad's Formula, it did just that, essentially a 3-4" offset off of straight back (via a set of double 90's), 3" though, if you're interested, I'll shoot some pictures for 'ya

Wayne
Love to see them. What model boat was it?

onesubdrvr
05-21-2005, 05:37 PM
Love to see them. What model boat was it?
Honestly Joe, I'm not sure

Formula, 1979, 24' closed bow, no cuddy, strait transom, deep V

Wayne
ps I'll shoot pictures after the kids are in bed, and after I dig out the parts, check back about 9

Cuda
05-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Mine's an 81, so they are probably very similar.

onesubdrvr
05-21-2005, 06:43 PM
That's cool Joe,

Here's the pictures

Wayne