PDA

View Full Version : 1997 Donzi 22 ZX

onesubdrvr
05-20-2005, 10:36 PM
I went and looked at one of these today :D , got me doing some thinking, does anyone have a brochure (sp?) on this model? I am curious as to some of the hull characteristics.

Also, any practicals? speed with the 454 Mag MPI?

Thanks
Wayne

Mudball
05-20-2005, 10:45 PM
I went and looked at one of these today :D , got me doing some thinking, does anyone have a brochure (sp?) on this model? I am curious as to some of the hull characteristics.

Also, any practicals? speed with the 454 Mag MPI?

Thanks
Wayne

OOOHH, that's a lucky one!!

454 Mag EFI should put that beastie into the upper 60's!! BIG improvement over the 7.4 stuff, and good internals for hotrodding later, if you want to!!

It should be rock solid at those speeds. Either the non-stepped or the stepped version.

That's a 'find'!

onesubdrvr
05-20-2005, 10:52 PM
OOOHH, that's a lucky one!!

454 Mag EFI should put that beastie into the upper 60's!! BIG improvement over the 7.4 stuff, and good internals for hotrodding later, if you want to!!

It should be rock solid at those speeds. Either the non-stepped or the stepped version.

That's a 'find'!
See, now I'm confused,....advertised as a 7.4l Mag MPI,..... hmmm, now I'm second guessing what I saw. Anyway, I think the asking price is high (well above NADA), especially because the headliner in the cuddy has fallen down, and there is some gouges in the gel (pretty minor, but can be pretty easily seen when looking around), but I'm wanting to get some info incase I decide to bargain.

Thanks
Wayne

Mudball
05-20-2005, 10:58 PM
See, now I'm confused,....advertised as a 7.4l Mag MPI,..... hmmm, now I'm second guessing what I saw. Anyway, I think the asking price is high (well above NADA), especially because the headliner in the cuddy has fallen down, and there is some gouges in the gel (pretty minor, but can be pretty easily seen when looking around), but I'm wanting to get some info incase I decide to bargain.

Thanks
Wayne

If you have seen it, here is what a basic 7.4mpi looks like (my old motor)...
The 454 mag EFI is a WHOLE OTHER ANIMAL!!

onesubdrvr
05-20-2005, 11:03 PM
If you have seen it, here is what a basic 7.4mpi looks like (my old motor)...
The 454 mag EFI is a WHOLE OTHER ANIMAL!!
Does the 454 have a K&N Style filter that sets at 90* from the engine, just to the stbd of CL?

Wayne

Mudball
05-20-2005, 11:08 PM
I should mention that 'some' 7.4's had the mag EFI, but were peanut port cast motors, pre-Vortec. These were the 7.4 LX. These were rated at 330 hp, but at the crank. These are 300 hp at the prop.

The 7.4MPI is a Vortec motor. All cast. They will live forever if stock. These have 340 hp at the crank, 310 at the prop.

The 454 Mag EFI is rated at 385 hp at the PROP! Forged internals! Good stuff!

When in doubt, get the serial numbers from the engine and look it up.

If a mag, then that is an awesome combo!
Kent

Mudball
05-20-2005, 11:26 PM
If you can get the serial numbers, you can go to www.go-fast.com and look them up.
This is Bam's website.

onesubdrvr
05-20-2005, 11:28 PM
If you can get the serial numbers, you can go to www.go-fast.com (http://www.go-fast.com/) and look them up.
This is Bam's website.
Will do,..

Thanks
Wayne