PDA

View Full Version : Paging Last Tango

Fish boy
05-18-2005, 07:12 PM
LT, I came across a guy on a fishing site who is trying to put together a charity poker run for the benefit of a young girl who could use a little help (his post below). I am not sure he really has a good handle on how these things work but his heart is in the right place. Having done such a great job on the angles aid poker run, any chance he might be able to bend your ear for a few minutes?

I am starting a charity fund for a family friend who has recently become paralyzed from the neck down. About a year and a half ago, Samantha was crossing Coastal Highway (in Ocean City, MD) and was struck by a car causing paralysis from the neck down. When Sam was 12 her father died of a sudden hear attack. About four months after the accident Sam’s mother died of a brain aneurysm. Today Sam is in the care of the State of Maryland. Sam is in her senior year of high school and has plans to go to college. The overall goal of the charity is to have funds set in a trust to help Samantha attend college and have the necessary equipment to do so.

A fun event, for all involved, would be to have a poker run around the local waters. I am soliciting to waterfront bars and will have beverages available. There will be five stops to pick up a card and at the last stop the player with the best hand wins. There is a $50 entry fee (of which 75% going to Samantha's trust. All proper documentation will be provided so everyone can feel secure knowing their money is going to the trust). The remaining 25% will be prize money for the winners. Figuring we get 30 people (hopefully many more) involved the prize money would be $375 for the winner and $1,125 for the trust. If we get 100 people that would jump to $3,750 to the trust and $1,250 to the winner!

In order to solicit to the local waterfront bars and beverage suppliers I need to get a rough idea of how many people would be interested. The date has not been set yet, though there will be plenty of notice. If you have any suggestions please let me know. Thank you for your time and please pass this on to anyone you know who might be interested.

Link to the poker run thread (http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?&id=345429&postid=4000605#4000605)

fish

Fish boy
05-19-2005, 07:53 PM
bump :)

Last Tango
05-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Must be a sign from above. I almost never come to this topic anymore... and here I am. Thanks, Fishboy. I'll go to his site and see if I can hook him up with some ideas to make some cash for the girls' education.

Fish boy
05-20-2005, 06:38 AM
Thanks Mark, you are da man!