PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take???

TBroccoli
05-17-2005, 08:32 AM
What is the average time it takes for one person to Wash, wax, and polish chrome/stainless on a 22 classic?

This past Saturday I washed inside and out and bottom. Then polished all the chrome and stainless. Then waxed entire boat including the bottom. It took me all of 6hrs. Is that slow/fast/ or the norm? By the way the boat looks great!!!

MOP
05-17-2005, 08:43 AM
What is the average time it takes for one person to Wash, wax, and polish chrome/stainless on a 22 classic?

This past Saturday I washed inside and out and bottom. Then polished all the chrome and stainless. Then waxed entire boat including the bottom. It took me all of 6hrs. Is that slow/fast/ or the norm? By the way the boat looks great!!!

To me that is pretty fast, last year my old beater took several days to get to OK condition. It should be a lot easier this year but it will still be in just fair condition, no where near some of the beauties I have drooled over.

Phil

Dr. Dan
05-17-2005, 08:55 AM
:banghead: Tom I think regardless of the Hull, it is directly proportional to how well you "Maintain" the condition & cleanliness of the Boat on a regular basis. I know for a fact that since I now have the full cover I no longer have near the Time in doing the Deck that I used to because its more protected,less Pollen, Dust and Bird Droppings...

So actually I think if anyone does a Soup To Nuts Total Clean Job ...6 hours is pretty good...your boat is such a cool color anyway...

Hey are you up for doing a Spash Down with Undertaker on his New 22? We are thinking of the Weekend after the DustOff...June 25th let me know...might get a few boats together to hang at Ordinary Point and do some River Running!

Doc :wavey:

ChromeGorilla
05-17-2005, 11:13 AM
For the whole shabang on my 22 6+/- hrs is right about on...... I could spend all day if I wanted too.........

TBroccoli
05-17-2005, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the input guys. I'll have to show it to the wife. I think she was gettin a little jealous the other day.

Doc, we were at Ordinary Point on Sunday (5/15). It was the boat's first time out this season. All went well. The kids even went in the water a bit. We took a short ride to the mouth of the river then back to Duffy Creek Marina.

June 25th sounds good now, but who knows. My schedule with the kids' sports is killing me. I usually can't commit to anything till last minute. The only thing I've penned in for sure is the Jackson Marine Poker Run. Keep in touch. I may be able to take my brother out with me for some test runs on the date in June.

Tom

goatee
05-18-2005, 09:13 AM
all depends on how many beers you bought at the start.

MrsDigger
05-19-2005, 12:38 AM
Also dependent upong how many man grunts and blissful moments of rapture you experience while stroking the boat. If you have company, i.e. another man to make man noises with as you peruse the shapely female form that is your boat, I think you could add about 3 hours...