PDA

View Full Version : 22 Classic on Long Island

NYStockboy
05-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Anybody with a 22 Classic on Long Islands South Shore willling to give me a short ride? Need to see if protected bay waters are too rough in a 22 Classic for my wife and daughter before I pull trigger on purchase. I will pay for much more gas than we actually use and will be very appreciative as well.

Thanks,
Ken

Dr. Dan
05-16-2005, 10:37 PM
:wink: Ken come to the Lake George DustOff for Fathers Day...get aride in a lot of Classics...decide then...just a suggestion

Doc

fasttrucker
05-17-2005, 07:15 PM
Buy a 26zx or 28zx,Your wife+kids will love the cabin and the port-a-potty.But dont tell any one here I said this! :embarasse

jstokes8407
05-17-2005, 07:52 PM
I only have a 18 i don't think that would help you. I don't think you would have any problems with a 22 around the bays My 18 does just time with tabs

NYStockboy
05-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Anybody around to provide that hoped for short ride? A couple of new 22 Classics in stock at relatively local dealers, but need to check out the ride on local waters before I commit.

Thanks,
Ken

ChromeGorilla
05-22-2005, 06:15 PM
:wink: Ken come to the Lake George DustOff for Fathers Day...get aride in a lot of Classics...decide then...just a suggestion

Doc

I agree with Doc, fathers day weekend is around the corner. Come up to Lake George most will be more than willling to take you for a ride.

onesubdrvr
05-22-2005, 06:22 PM
Guys,
I'm not trying to be funny guys, I don't know the area,
BUT, it looks like he's looking to get into some choppy waters like the bay or something (I imagine where he does most of his boating), to see how it rides, the Lake may be too smooth ??

Wayne

mattyboy
05-22-2005, 06:38 PM
yup lake george is always flat especially off of the sagamore :rolleyes:
thank goodness they have those big steam boats to make the water a lil more challenging :tongue:

Lenny
05-22-2005, 07:01 PM
I believe, and I DO NOT KNOW, but the sarcasm (Mattys') suggests that Lake George DOES get ugly, and I have seen pics from Fast Eddie and Pearson that say the same. Might be a good test and you will never (unless next time) have an opportunity to be in and be with the people that make this "hobby" so fun and challenging. I would do the Fathers' Day thing, hold back, if you have to wait a bit, to pull the trigger, no big deal. Get everyone out (your family) in an 18, a 22, and a 22 with "Bling" and go from there. It will last a lifetime. I know. No worries.

:)

mattyboy
05-22-2005, 07:04 PM
actually the 2 bodies of water are pretty similar in conditions I would think

sorry for the sarcasim I was trying to be funny ;) :)

onesubdrvr
05-22-2005, 07:14 PM
actually the 2 bodies of water are pretty similar in conditions I would think

sorry for the sarcasim I was trying to be funny ;) :)
Hell, I couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic or not,... like I said, I don't know the area,.... I'm a Florida native, and my time in the navy doesn't count as I don't think I'd be boating in some of those areas!!! Anyway, I should have known, it is Matty!!!:rlol:

Dr. Dan
05-22-2005, 07:37 PM
:wink: If ya can't hold out 2 weeks or so to Drop $50,000 and its burning a hole in the pocket....I don't know any dealer that won't let a non-tire kicker splash and test drive a boat...any boat. Just ask...I know Frank at Typhoon will be more than happy to let ya test drive a boat...

Good Luck...I'd offer you a ride in the Bay...but mine is not going to be ready for a couple weeks...I will offer to give ya a ride in LG...but you won't like mine...no one likes mine.... :D

Doc :wavey:

Lenny
05-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Mattyboy, "sarcasm" has a :D after it... ;)

mattyboy
05-22-2005, 07:57 PM
Mattyboy, "sarcasm" has a :D after it... ;)

lenny i put the rass sign at the end of the post like this :tongue:

undertaker
05-23-2005, 09:41 AM
:wink: If ya can't hold out 2 weeks or so to Drop $50,000 and its burning a hole in the pocket....I don't know any dealer that won't let a non-tire kicker splash and test drive a boat...any boat. Just ask...I know Frank at Typhoon will be more than happy to let ya test drive a boat...

Good Luck...I'd offer you a ride in the Bay...but mine is not going to be ready for a couple weeks...I will offer to give ya a ride in LG...but you won't like mine...no one likes mine.... :D

Doc :wavey:

Do NOT go for a ride in Doc's boat what a piece of sh.. :bonk: :biggrin.: Seriously either wait for Lake George or if you are like me and can not wait to buy a 22 classic :biggrin.: Talk to Frank C. @ Typhoon the only 22 classic he has in stock is the one I am buying maybe we can work out a deal :biggrin.: :biggrin.: Good luck in your tough decisions.

Undertaker - who is going crazy waiting for his 22 classic :banghead:

John W
05-23-2005, 03:03 PM
Go ahead buy the boat. Mine is a dream in the Chesapeake Bay. Just know where are the marinas are for the wife to use the head.
JW

NYStockboy
05-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Undertaker, as it turns out I did speak to Frank C this afternoon. Your ears must have been ringing as we were talking about you extensively. I am truly sorry about purchasing your new Classic out from under you, but the season is short and I did offer Frank more money and $15 dollars can purchase quite a tasty lunch at one of those seaside restaurant holes in the wall. Seriously though folks, I did talk to Frank C and he offered me what I consider to be an excellent price on an ordered 22 Classic. Now, if I can just get that damn ride!

Thanks,
Ken

ChromeGorilla
05-23-2005, 08:20 PM
LMAO, now that was some funny stuff Ken..... :biggrin:

NYStockboy
05-23-2005, 09:23 PM
Thanks, these forums inspire me.
Ken

undertaker
05-24-2005, 11:21 AM
Undertaker, as it turns out I did speak to Frank C this afternoon. Your ears must have been ringing as we were talking about you extensively. I am truly sorry about purchasing your new Classic out from under you, but the season is short and I did offer Frank more money and $15 dollars can purchase quite a tasty lunch at one of those seaside restaurant holes in the wall. Seriously though folks, I did talk to Frank C and he offered me what I consider to be an excellent price on an ordered 22 Classic. Now, if I can just get that damn ride!

Thanks,
Ken

Thanks Ken :bawling: trying to help a fellow Donzi boater out and look at what happened :biggrin.: Anyway Frank C. is a great guy to deal with he knows a ton of stuff about Donzi's and he is NOT your typical salesperson :yes: . Maybe I can talk Frank into putting my 22 classic in the water for a sea trail and couple of weeks before I actually sign the papers. That way you get your ride so you can order your 22 classic and I get my fix of wanting to run this beast :yes: :hyper: :hyper: . Damn June 20th can not come quick enough :splat:

Undertaker aka Underboy :shades:

NYStockboy
05-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Undertaker, didn't you purchase the 22 C that Typhoon had in stock? Why is it taking until June 20th for you to pick up the beast?

Ken

undertaker
05-25-2005, 01:42 PM
Thats when the MYCO trailer I ordered should arrive @ Typhoon. I don't know if I can wait that long :( :frown: . Are you interested in a ride when I sea trail the boat. Just Curious. Would like to help out a fellow future 22 Classic owner if possible :biggrin: :biggrin:

Underboy :uzi: