PDA

View Full Version : Got the boat out today, nice water, Daughter loved it !

Lenny
05-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Took my 8 year old out today. What a blast. Her first time in a DONZI. First it was "not too fast". Then it was faster and the we had to start flying the hull and chasing 550' Ferries around. (within reason with her on board) Kill switch attached. She would have nothing to do with the no wake zones around Marinas, so we just didn't go to any Marinas :D

Anyways, I wish we hadn't forgot the shades as we both lost about a gallon of body water out of our eyes and she had to keep a blanket on to stay warm. Sun was out but it was only about 65 and our water is 43 degrees.

Tons of fun except the boat ramp. Tide was out 12' :eek: and the ramp was a pile of sea weed.

Went well tho.

I need 450 FT.LBS of torque and a Bravo tho, I know that now. :yes:

thriller
05-14-2005, 10:24 PM
I was boating in something a little longer:biggrin.: today. Just got home from a repositioning cruise from LA..Had a blast til i got my bill at the end of the trip..Yikes:embarasse

blueliner
05-15-2005, 01:16 AM
looks like fun. we will have 2 get together again soon. did you get the pics i e-mailed you???? see you out there...

EricG
05-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Looks like a good time Len! I understand your feeling the need for more speed...for now, I just try to run in bigger water...then it feels faster :biggrin: :biggrin:

I hope you can drag that thing over to Chelan...

Have you gotten your props yet? I am looking forward to hearing your testing results.

EG

Rootsy
05-15-2005, 11:39 AM
I need 450 FT.LBS of torque and a Bravo tho, I know that now. :yes:

hmmmm i thiiiiink we can take care of that :smash:

anonymous...

Zudnic
05-15-2005, 04:35 PM
I was boating in something a little longer:biggrin.: today. Just got home from a repositioning cruise from LA..Had a blast til i got my bill at the end of the trip..Yikes:embarasse

A friend of mine did the same, except for it was Van to LA. Took his whole family, said it was a blast! Also claims that lots of single women are onboard, this true? Think its a test to see if I'll take one of these trips!

Lenny,

I want your Donzi!!!!!

thriller
05-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Those repositioning cruises are cheap and yes there is a ton of women on board and wanting to have fun:p :yes:

Lots of flight attendants and travel agent types....

Blueliner.Thanks for the photos:) I called you from LA but got your voicemail:(

Summers coming boys so let's get together soon..

MM

Zudnic
05-15-2005, 11:56 PM
Those repositioning cruises are cheap and yes there is a ton of women on board and wanting to have fun:p :yes:

Lots of flight attendants and travel agent types....

I made a Love Boat crack and his reply was something about wishing he found these cruises after his first divorce! Dates here are tough, even harder when I don't care much for our bars!!!

MOP
05-16-2005, 12:38 AM
Priceless ride Lenny, I can't wait for my grand kids to go for a spin this summer.

Phil