PDA

View Full Version : Any Travis McGee Fans out there?

EricG
05-13-2005, 06:24 PM
I figure with all the Floridians out there, someone else has to be a fan.

I have all 21, and a super secret 22nd "unofficial" volume, but it hasn't yet been published. I haven't actually read them all yet, I've been taking my time, as I know I will run out someday :bonk:

Any one else?

I've got a hardcover copy of Free Fall in Crimson that a buddy asked me to release into the wild (Book Crossing (http://www.bookcrossing.com) ), if anyone would like to read it, I'll be happy to send it out to the first person who wants it, but you have to release it when you are done.

EG

RedDog
05-13-2005, 07:42 PM
1 of my favorites - I don't have many copies but have read a lot

I usually don't care for women authors / heroines - but try readin Sue Grafton's alphabet series. The Kinsey Millhone character is some strange way reminds of Travis Mc

Cuda
05-13-2005, 10:30 PM
I've read every Travis MaGee novel he wrote, most of them several times. I think Free Fall in Crimson was my first. I only have a couple left around the house, I always give them to someone else to read. I think I read a couple of his non-Travis novels too, but I can't think of them.

Cuda
05-13-2005, 10:32 PM
1 of my favorites - I don't have many copies but have read a lot

I usually don't care for women authors / heroines - but try readin Sue Grafton's alphabet series. The Kinsey Millhone character is some strange way reminds of Travis Mc
I'm the same way. I can pick up a book and not look at the author and tell you in one page if it's a female. I don't know why, but I don't care for their writing either.

RedDog
05-13-2005, 11:56 PM
Well to switch topics a little - when I went to see what Travis Mc I had on hand, I found a different oldie I must share:

Blues - by John Hersey - a rather exetensal novel about fishing (really about life). And as a bonus, at the end of every chapter is a recipe for serving a Blue.