PDA

View Full Version : Purchased 95 medallion 182

ffjoey
05-11-2005, 05:37 PM
I purchased this boat today and was wondering if anyone had thoughts on it. It has a new 4.3 with an Alpha drive. I know this is about as low end as Donzi gets but as a civil servant it was the only one I can afford. Does anybody know of any problems with this model? It is really clean and appears to have been well cared for. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

onesubdrvr
05-11-2005, 05:46 PM
I purchased this boat today and was wondering if anyone had thoughts on it. It has a new 4.3 with an Alpha drive. I know this is about as low end as Donzi gets but as a civil servant it was the only one I can afford. Does anybody know of any problems with this model? It is really clean and appears to have been well cared for. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

LOL!! Don't worry about it, we are all Donzi owners here, run what 'cha brung, besides, there is ALOT of things you can do with that boat!! :yes: .I own a 1988 Ragazza - I think it's a good boat, not a classic, Crit, Minx / etc. but if that's all the $ you have, enjoy it!!, and at that size, you'll probably use the heck out of it, a good investment!! Where abouts in Florida, we having a little get together this weekend down in Port St. Lucie, would love to see you and your new toy!:yes:

Wayne

ffjoey
05-11-2005, 05:58 PM
I am in Clearwater. I would love to come down but the state is making me wait for a few days for registration for the boat. So right now I have the brand of boat I have always wanted and no way of legally operating it. Bummer. Maybe next time.

ChromeGorilla
05-11-2005, 06:34 PM
I believe your bill of sale can be used until you have your registration.

ffjoey
05-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the bill of sale tip. I will check with DMV tomorrow. Anybody know of any problems and or mods for this model boat?

onesubdrvr
05-11-2005, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the bill of sale tip. I will check with DMV tomorrow. Anybody know of any problems and or mods for this model boat?
Yeah, we'd love to see you, see the info in the "Events and Gatherings" thread, "Idea for Florida Fun Run" has all the 411.

As far as problems, the same as nearly any other boat, soft decks, motor stringers, transom problems / etc. If you can walk on the decks and don't really sink anywhere, they are probably ok (gelled over fiberglass plywood is a little harder to tell). Motor stringers, bang on them with a hammer, should sound solid, like a piece of plywood laying on your driveway - a "Sharp" sound. If not, (soft sounding, like hitting a piece of cardboard on the driveway), possible rot. Transom, pretty much the same. Other than that, I don't know of anything specific to that boat. The 4.3l engine is a pretty solid plant, has been in use for quite a while, as well as the Alpha 1 drive.

Try to take some pictures and post 'em, I'd love to see it!!

Wayne

ffjoey
05-11-2005, 07:40 PM
Thanks for the tips. I will try to get down this weekend if possible. If not I will stay on the lookout for upcoming events. I will post some pics later this week. I sounded everything and all sounded solid, plus the guy I bought it from is a boat mechanic. It was his personal boat. He rebuilt the motor and outdrive, hopefully all will go well with it.

Cuda
05-11-2005, 08:49 PM
I believe your bill of sale can be used until you have your registration.
Yes it can be.