PDA

View Full Version : The Gomery Report, this Country...

Lenny
05-11-2005, 11:14 AM
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/05/11/canada.opposition.reut/index.html

You know, I saw the same thing when they tried to get rid of Nixon, and more recently get rid of Clinton. It seems that Parliament/House has all sorts of safeguards built in the allow for the "people" to control the Government and its' accountability.

BUT, if it doesn't go their way there are all sorts of unseen procedural moves to prevent an upset.

This is getting stupid. Here we have an Elected party, charged with some of the most SCANDILOUS affairs in Canadian History, and yet, through a "non-confidence vote" in the House of Commons they "don't see a problem".

I think I am going to have to shoot my TV and KILL my Internet soon. I can't stand this stuff.

Craig S
05-11-2005, 11:54 AM
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/americas/05/11/canada.opposition.reut/index.html

I think I am going to have to shoot my TV and KILL my Internet soon. I can't stand this stuff.

You have a TV? Why?

Zudnic
05-14-2005, 01:55 PM
My degree is in Political Science, I did a paper on the War of 1812! A friend of mine is heavily into military history, so I lent him a book I bought for research. Was at a dinner party hosted by a distributor of ours. My buddy asked me if he could loan the book to a friend of his. The guy he was to loan the book out came with him to the party. Turns out this guy was a former U.S. Ambassador. We started a discussion on that War, a guy from Toronto walked up and said: "It was great we kicked your butt, but with the current mess I'm sorry we did!"

When you posted this, had a little knowledge of the creation of the report, did'nt know what it was about. Got a crash lesson! Turns out the guy who recently retired as an Ambassador, first posting in the U.S. diplomatic core was in a consulate office in Montreal. This was shortly after the October Crisis, so he had knowledge of Quebec politics.

After that discussion, between the Canadian and the former diplomat; I can see why you would want to toss out your T.V.!!!!