PDA

View Full Version : Prop testing at the AOTH

DonCig
05-09-2005, 10:22 PM
Can any member bring a 1" shaft Mercury Bravo 1 in a RH 26P or 24P to the AOTH?

Thanks,

DonCig

ChromeGorilla
05-09-2005, 10:27 PM
So the 26P Turbo didn't work to well? I would love to try it. I would pay shipping to try it, with possibly buying it if I like it? let me know. Also, I have a BX drive. Will the hub in the Turbo fit in the shaft on my drive?

Lenny
05-09-2005, 11:44 PM
I also believe Griz is bringing the new Solas offering down. (maybe)

For the Volvo fans, (or just what is hanging off there :D )

RedDog
05-10-2005, 07:55 AM
The consensus of the Classic gurus is that the Bravo I is an ill suited prop for use on Classics - good on boats like a ZX but not on Classics

DonCig
05-10-2005, 08:03 AM
The consensus of Hydromotive, Imco and Throttle Up is that the Bravo 1 may be the right prop for my combination which appears to me to be new to the registry. Hydromotive makes a close version of the Bravo 1 in their Quad 1V-X which gives a little more bow lift versus a Quad 1V. The addition of the Imco -2" shorty has removed some of the bow lift that I need.
If there is anything to be learned about prop and outdrive testing, every combination can react a little to a lot differently on each boat that it is tried upon. The nice thing about testing, is that if it is not the right combination, there are others to try. It might be interesting to swap around a few Bravo 1's to see how they perform on a few like model boats.

DonCig

Sam
05-10-2005, 09:12 AM
I've heard the same thing about a Bravo not being a good choice, but I'll be the first one in line to try one :D ............you never know.

RedDog
05-10-2005, 09:48 AM
I forgot you had the IMCO shorty - so who knows

RickSE
05-10-2005, 10:48 AM
Don't forget about the Merc. Revolution-4 prop. I had good luck with this prop on my old SBC 18-C.

Sam
05-10-2005, 10:56 AM
Tell us more !

DonCig
05-10-2005, 06:34 PM
I purchased a Merc. labbed Bravo 1 26P RH today. I will add it to my extensive collection of props. I hope it is the right one. Once I am done with this process I am going to have a big pile of props to put on ebay. I will be selling props at the AOTH, what I dont sell there will go on ebay when I get home.

DonCig

RedDog
05-10-2005, 07:46 PM
I purchased a Merc. labbed Bravo 1 26P RH today. I will add it to my extensive collection of props. I hope it is the right one. Once I am done with this process I am going to have a big pile of props to put on ebay. I will be selling props at the AOTH, what I dont sell there will go on ebay when I get home.
DonCig

I don't want to pressure you, but maybe you could set a minimum price, pledge an amount or percentage to contribute to the Midwest Donzi Club and this Registry, and run them through the Saturday night AOTH auction. After the big BBQ dinner and all day boat sodas, you might be surprised at what something might bring at auction!

Last year I bought a tray full of leftovers for some ungodly amount and then gave them away the next day for someone else's lunch. Once I saw a Digger Marine 1 commerative coin go for stars.... (say what Dr Dan?)

BigGrizzly
05-10-2005, 07:56 PM
My Son's graduation is that Friday so Wife said No. However Presision Props will be there on my behalf with props to test. Truth is I have tested Bravos on classics a loss of 3 MPH over the old Turbo. Our prop was Lab finished by the late D, Cavnaugh of Merc racing and it still lost. I have not run a Lab finished Turbo On my boat, just an off the shelf one. Just to set the rechords straigh there were other classics involved so it isn't just my Criterion involved. BTW some one said the Criterion hulls are different- not so on same year classics. I do have a slower drive but the X is the sane as a bravo counter part I measured it. Point is there will be prop testing at Cumberland. If you like the prop I will be the Donzi connection.