PDA

View Full Version : New Interior on the Ragazza

onesubdrvr
05-09-2005, 04:11 PM
Well, I got bored this weekend, so I decided to change the interior around in the Ragazza,

Took apart the back-to-back seats, made a nice bench seat along the back, got rid of the jump seats and motor box, made / installed a sun pad, installed 2 new captains / helm chairs with Garelick pedestals and adjustable spiders. Also, removed the little storage trays that ran down the side as they rotted, and am going to replace with 3 1/2" vinyl U channel.

It's not close to perfect, but I like, when I'm ready, I'll have it all professionally re-upholstered.

Wayne

ChromeGorilla
05-09-2005, 05:14 PM
Good job Wayne! 100% better. The Rag is gonna look sweet for your helicopter shots in 'Sota when your catching air....... ;)

Cuda
05-09-2005, 05:46 PM
Are the seats across the back your old seats?

onesubdrvr
05-09-2005, 05:58 PM
Are the seats across the back your old seats?
Joe: They sure are, I kind-of recycled!!

Scott: Thanks, I appreciate it

Wayne

florida gator
05-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Wow nice work. I've thought of doing similar with mine but, just started redoing the way it was. I will probably sell after this summer and buy bigger.

Cuda
05-09-2005, 06:36 PM
Wayne, you might want to build a box under them, they look kind of low.

ChromeGorilla
05-09-2005, 06:49 PM

Joe, I was thinking same thing till I looked closer.... he already did! :biggrin:

onesubdrvr
05-09-2005, 07:02 PM
Well, I take that as kind of a compliment, my camera is crap, but it shows they blend pretty good. There is a box there, they look low, I think because I was standing up on the bow, camera was pointed down. Anyway, the top of the box is 9" from ground, with the seats on top of them, the bottom of the seats are 1" lower than before. I can sit on them and am not be the least bit uncomfortable. Joe, if ya get the Minx back you can come try 'em out in person.

Wayne

Cuda
05-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Now that I looked again, I see they are off the ground. Good job Wayne!

onesubdrvr
05-09-2005, 08:30 PM
LOL, so if he doesnt get the Minx back he can't come look???

Looks good, ever consider a job in boat design?? :)
THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!! :tongue: (S.A.), Hell, Joe, If I wasn't bringing 3 of the 4 kids, I'd offer you a seat next weekend, regardless, your welcome to test 'em out any time!!

As far as #2, I get wet dreaming of an ideal job woking on boats for a living, not making them (done work for more than enough boat plants, don't like the fiberglass itch), but I'd probably get used to it after a month or so,...but more like a jack of all trades,...."hey dock bum, do me a favor, change my prop and fix that broken seat, here's a 6 pack and a few bucks", oh well, maybe when I win the lottery, I'll hire some experienced help, open up a full service one stop boat shop, repair, restore, modification, etc. Custom built 16' Crackerbox's (I already have plans!!). I have the drive, not the money. It's something I could do, just need a little more practice. This is a practice boat for me,....
Thanks Poodle, now I'm gonna curl up in a corner and cry,.....:bawling: .

Wayne

Ron
05-09-2005, 08:50 PM
I was thinking of doing similar on my 25' Ragazza but wasn't sure how it would look. Was thinking of a pedestal type of seat for the front but didn't know what to do with the back. Good job, now I feel pretty good about doing the same or similar to mine.

onesubdrvr
05-09-2005, 08:53 PM
I was thinking of doing similar on my 25' Ragazza but wasn't sure how it would look. Was thinking of a pedestal type of seat for the front but didn't know what to do with the back. Good job, now I feel pretty good about doing the same or similar to mine.
Yeah Ron, I love it, PLUS, I have MORE storage now, under the bench seat in the back gives me a 23x80x9" storage box, and behind that (on either side of the motor), is an area big enough for a large cooler, with room to spare.

Next is to repair / remake the bow cushions.

Glad to be a guinia pig!!
Wayne

Cuda
05-09-2005, 09:43 PM
The interior of my F20 is the next step on that project. Everything is gone you see in this picture, except the steering wheel, and the side panels that I've already redone. I snaged me a piece of half inch pt plywood left over from a jobsite to get started with.

onesubdrvr
05-10-2005, 03:39 AM
The interior of my F20 is the next step on that project. Everything is gone you see in this picture, except the steering wheel, and the side panels that I've already redone. I snaged me a piece of half inch pt plywood left over from a jobsite to get started with.
Cool! I can't wait to see it in progress and especially finished!! Your stuff seems to turn out pretty damn nice!!

Wayne

Fish boy
05-10-2005, 07:27 AM
looks great wayne!!

SouthernExposure
05-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Looks great...come on over and do mine.

Actually I have been wanting to do the same to mine. It needs to be freshened up. Now I can show the wife a picture of what I am talking about. Where did you find the yellow vinyl to match the original. I can not use my seats since they don't match anyway.

Again, Great Job! :beer:

Tony
SE

Well, I got bored this weekend, so I decided to change the interior around in the Ragazza,

Took apart the back-to-back seats, made a nice bench seat along the back, got rid of the jump seats and motor box, made / installed a sun pad, installed 2 new captains / helm chairs with Garelick pedestals and adjustable spiders. Also, removed the little storage trays that ran down the side as they rotted, and am going to replace with 3 1/2" vinyl U channel.

It's not close to perfect, but I like, when I'm ready, I'll have it all professionally re-upholstered.

Wayne

onesubdrvr
05-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Looks great...come on over and do mine.

Actually I have been wanting to do the same to mine. It needs to be freshened up. Now I can show the wife a picture of what I am talking about. Where did you find the yellow vinyl to match the original. I can not use my seats since they don't match anyway.

Again, Great Job! :beer:

Tony
SE

Tony,

I'd be glad to give you a hand, just PM me!!! I'm cheap and easy too,....
The yellow Vinyl, I got at the RagShop in Jensen beach (right next to West Marine in the Home Depot plaza) - it's not marine, but if I keep it clean and armour-all'ed is should be ok. I have some left too - I'll have to see how much is left after doing the bow and side panels.

I found Black and the Dark Grey that match pretty darn good too.

This next week I'll be removing the bow cushions and seats to recover while the boat is at the doctors:smile: / :frown: .

Wayne