PDA

View Full Version : A trip to FLA in November I am doing, questions

Lenny
05-08-2005, 11:47 PM
I am flying into Lauderdale, in Nov/05, be there the 15th or something, the Sunday for a week of golf. (OK, a beer drinking contest :) ) I plan on doing this either BEFORE the Worlds Offshore or after, that weekend. Whatever the dates are, and HOPEFULLY it is indeed in Key West again.

Question, how do I get from Lauderdale (cheaply) to Ft. Meyers so I can meet my gal and take the Cat again down to KW?

I can't wait. :D

What are my chances of getting out in a "boat" in the Lauderdale area with my brother-in-law? A balls to the wall Atlantic run? :D

EricG
05-09-2005, 12:18 AM
Hey Lenny,

I can't really answer any of your questions, but ironically, we are going to be crossing paths with each other in Florida again this year.

We are flying down on the 7th, driving out to KW for some sort of wedding on the 10th, and then back to Miami to get on our Criuse Ship for a week, then back for the homestead race on the 20th (we think we have found our PERFECT wedding/honeymoon setup) :biggrin:

Let me know if you find a boat ride while you are down there, I'd like to find something like that myself... :biggrin:

-EG

gcarter
05-09-2005, 05:33 AM
Greyhound bus. :)

Fish boy
05-09-2005, 08:12 AM
lenny, george is probably right, the greyhound is probably the cheapest. Ft.Lauderdale is pretty much a straight shot across the state on alligator alley to ft. meyers so renting a car one way would also work, but that would probably cost more than the bus.

boxy
05-09-2005, 10:19 AM
....and it's a skinny state, so it would be more like Van to Whistler, as opposed to Ottawa to Thunder Bay.....