PDA

View Full Version : Trip to Clearwater Beach

florida gator
05-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Well I didn't get to see any of the Donzi guys but, I did speak with Nate and Jody.

Ran the boat all the way down from Homosassa. Stopped by Hooters in Port Richey on the way down Friday. Took around 3.5 hours including the stop. One thing I hate about this area, is I couldn't turn south until I drove out 1/2 hour. That adds alot to a trip. Cruised to Hamblins Landing for dinner with a couple of friends.

Saturday we ran down to Gators. Not a bad ride from Clearwater but since we were going home from there, it made the ride kinda long. As good a time as we had at Gators, I will never go back down the same day I am running home.

Saw lot's of hardware at Gators. Only one other Donzi. It was blue and seemed to be around 25/26' late 80s. I couldn't get myself to leave. I think we were there 5 hours. Had (in my opinion) the best seat in the place. The first hi top table by the docks.

I will be in St Pete 6/4 - 6/11 (I think). Hope to hook up with some of you St Pete area guys then.

Fish boy
05-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Sorry we did not hook up this trip but definitely in June. Gators is right near Nates and a just a little farther south to me. Fortunately, I am closer to the undertow, so leave your liver at home or it will never forgive you :D