PDA

View Full Version : I need to know...

HollaGeo
05-07-2005, 08:42 PM
Is the Donzi 18, 22, Aronow to small to hang out on while anchored. A few friends drinking sodas and bb-q'ing. Or will we be up each others asses?

gold-n-rod
05-07-2005, 08:52 PM
Or will we be up each others asses?

:shocking: :shocking: :shocking:

Umm, I guess it depends on how close of "friends" you actually are!!!!!

:eek!:

mattyboy
05-07-2005, 09:57 PM
I have this great recipe for
braised beef ala exhaust manifold
it's to die for :tongue:
if your looking to hang out anchor and BBQ perhaps the classics might be a poor choice, now if you want to pull up to a BIG BBQ in style and class with a small cooler of bubbly then it's your boat

ChromeGorilla
05-07-2005, 10:02 PM
You want to take out 6-7 peeps and grill on your hibachi grill hanging of a rail with a 100Qt cooler full of beer.... buy a cruiser.... you wanna rock a pimpin ass ride to the local waterfront joint, catch a line, and order beer and oysters...get a classic. God I love my boat! :beer:

blueliner
05-07-2005, 10:13 PM
couldn't agree more. the classic is great for cruising and arriving in style. not the best for hanging out. but when you arrive people hear you coming and notice you for sure.

You want to take out 6-7 peeps and grill on your hibachi grill hanging of a rail with a 100Qt cooler full of beer.... buy a cruiser.... you wanna rock a pimpin ass ride to the local waterfront joint, catch a line, and order beer and oysters...get a classic. God I love my boat! :beer:

Lenny
05-08-2005, 12:10 AM
I have this great recipe for
braised beef ala exhaust manifold
it's to die for :tongue:

Matty, I had (still have) a 1898 Jones' Bros, lapstrake 14' inboard "Clinker" from one of your ship-to-shore era boats. (the lapstrake being the fastest rowed to get the crew to shore in trading days)

Anyways, I still use it, 3 horse inboard, direct drive (like Geoos, just not really "like Geoos" :D ) and side mount wheel.

Anyways, my point is, as a kid, 35 years ago, I
sat in this lapstrake cedar on white oak beauty, and would go out at about 7am EVERYDAY and come home at dark 9-10ish PM. This lasted for about 5 years, 9-14. Summer months, June -Sept

It has a Wisconsin engine, whatever that is, and anyways, I used to go out and catch a couple, be it Snapper or Coho or Spring, (they were abundant, 2 minutes away from the thought) and I used to keep tin-foil in the boat, kill these things and filet them, then place then on the manifold of the engine while running, spark plug in the middle of the "Entree' " and the fat burning on the head. Fork in hand, right foot steering the tiny captains wheel on starboard side, putting along with a 50 pound flywheel, turning about 90 RPM and 10 knots. Flipping the fish as I went. That was my life. And out on the Ocean, no cove un-seen. No reef unknown, nothing unoticed.

Man, do I miss those days...

I really do. Still got the boat, it runs and goes, but the "rest" is not there.

mattyboy
05-08-2005, 06:52 AM
Lenny,
I had a friend who MOM made killer hot dogs with sauerkraut in the morning she would make a few wrapped in foil he keep them warm on the top of the engine in an old wooden century with a hercules engine man one of those dogs and a cold beer man doesn't get better than that till you spill some kraut in the bilge PEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!

anyone who wants to see how impractical a classic is for picnicing come to the lake George Donzi classic club fall picnic and see how we get all that stuff on and off the island, but once that is done everyone on the lake comes by to take a look at the boats ;) :yes:

but as far as an intimate rondevoux with your lady there is no better classic than the 16 with the wrap around seating

YEAH BABY !!!!!!!!