PDA

View Full Version : A tip for clogged spay can tips!!

MOP
05-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Here is a good tip that I have used for a very long time, get a small glass jar with a metal top put about an inch of acetone in it and store all of your spay can tip in it. They will be in perfect working condition, also ones that are clogged will in just a few days be good as new. I thought I would pass this on as about a week ago a buddy was throwing out about 10 cans because they would not spray, I showed the trick to him. He just called to say thanks and that all the cans tips and cans worked now, that saved him about $40!

Phil

ChromeGorilla
05-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Good tip.

Another goood tip to keep nozzles from clogging up is when done using, turn can upside down and spray untill nothing but air comes out. It cleans the nozzle opening well and should work great even after sitting for a while.

MOP
05-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Good tip.

Another goood tip to keep nozzles from clogging up is when done using, turn can upside down and spray untill nothing but air comes out. It cleans the nozzle opening well and should work great even after sitting for a while.

Problem with that is if you do a lot of spot touch ups the propellent gas runs out before the paint. I pull them off and chuck em in the jar, they are always clean and ready. Our shop was constantly throwing out Zinc Chromate cans that were 1/2 full until I made the guys pull the tips instead of blowing them out.

Ed Donnelly
05-07-2005, 09:06 PM
Must be and old fart thing..I do the same thing as you..Wifey came home yesterday with 4 cans of paint and I told her we already have those colours..
But all the tips are missing on every spray can she says.. She wasn't too happy having to return them............Ed

MOP
05-07-2005, 10:09 PM
Yup sooner or later you get tired of :cussball:

Rootsy
05-07-2005, 10:28 PM
i always clean my paint guns after use... oh wait you said spray cans.. what are those? :beer:

JR

Ed Donnelly
05-07-2005, 11:36 PM
ROOTSY; Spray cans are spray guns,, with built in compressors...Ed :redface: