PDA

View Full Version : 22 classic covers

John W
05-07-2005, 09:49 AM
Ok,
My canvas guy finally got me a price on a sunbrella cover for my 22 classic. This is a no frills cover, I do not plan on trailering with it. I just wanted a cover to cover the top and hull sides. His price is $1100.00 plus shipping and your choice of colors, solid. My boat, 2004 22 classic, wiith the 496 HO and quick and quiet exhaust, can be used a a pattern if anyone is interested. I should be able to post some pics when the cover is completed.
JW

Chili 18
05-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Bought my dust cover at wallmart for around 100-150, I forget. Heavy canvas with elastic around. Covers the top and most of the sides. Not a looker thou. Has loops for hold downs if desired.

MOP
05-07-2005, 12:03 PM
That is expensive, do a search there was a great thread just about a month back with a lot of leads to find a cover, one in particular was Dr. Dan he got a Sunbreller one for around $500.

Phil

knots2u
05-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Actually $1100 is about right for a full cover made to fit a 22 Classic. The description of the covers in the other post by the seller/manufacturer were that it would fit a 22 Classic, which could be described as a 22' boat with a windshield. I can't buy enough sunbrella to make a full cover for a 22 Classic for $550. You get what you pay for, sometimes less.

MOP
05-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Not to argue but I had mine made locally custom $950 and wish I had read Dan's post, and I have seen Dr Dans Sunbrella one and also Murphy's which is a very high grade custom padded one that he paid $500. Check in the post below.

Phil

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2089&page=1&pp=15&highlight=22+classic+cover

Barry Phillips
05-07-2005, 02:09 PM
I would like to pick up a tailoring cover someday, but currently I don't trail long distances a lot. For just storage, I picked up a cotton duck cover designed for a 22.5’ cutty from West Marine at a clearence price of ($79). The cover being, to wide for the boat overhangs down to the trailer fenders. It has canvas hoops sewn into it so I can lash it right to the trailer. I keep the cockpit cover with the support poll on the boat also just for good measure. Since the boat stays in a barn over the winter anyway this set up works fine. My 22 stays as clean as the day I put it away. Not fancy but effective.

knots2u
05-07-2005, 04:01 PM
My post was based on a perfectly tailored cover for a 22 Classic. Looking at the picture of Phil's boat in his post, imagine a cover over every exposed portion of the boat, going below the water line at the stern. It would also utilize the snaps around the cockpit area used for the cockpit/tonneau cover. How about this, it could even be made in 2 pieces, one piece just a tonneau, the other would cover the deck and sides.