PDA

View Full Version : Stainless windshield problems?

Trueser
05-07-2005, 12:05 AM
Does anyone have any ideas what rubber goes in the stainless windshield that holds the plexi glass and supports the side frames? I'm pulling my hair out and been on the phone with Taylor also. Everything looks and mounts great its just the side frames move up and down when you press on them.

Do you think Black 5200 would hold it if I did each side along the top? Will it run down the window or do you think it will stay put?

Help!!!!!!

The way it looks I wont be making the AOTH trip. I'm in the middle of dealing with some skin problems on my face and I have to stay out of the sun for at least 10 more days. Besides I look like and feel like I was in a fire.

I still have a to of Work left on the 22....

Install engine/gauges/seats/trim pump/

Try finding a 4 5/8 hole saw....

Anyway will see how this weekend goes. Nothing is going as planned.

farmer tx
05-07-2005, 12:13 AM
Keep your chin up Mike we are all pulling for you.

Mark

Lenny
05-07-2005, 12:57 AM
The windshield frames seem to be a bone of contention for many in the way of keeping the "stripping" in place.

As for the 4 5/8" hole saw, I have one :D (half inch shank, Milwaukee ordeal) want to borrow it? Doubt it would help in the way of courier and the next 10 days... :(

gcarter
05-07-2005, 04:48 AM
Mike, buy (or borrow) an issue of Hemmings Motor News. Look under suppliers, specifically companies that make rubber moldings for classic cars. Some of them have an almost infinant # of sizes and shapes available, many for retaining glass. :idea: :lightning :wrench:

Trueser
05-07-2005, 05:50 PM
Well I hit every Rv shops I could find. No luck.

I found something close on the web. I will call on Monday.

Thanks Gents.