PDA

View Full Version : New Sundeck

Cuda
05-06-2005, 10:59 AM
The upholsterer finished my sundeck. It looks fantastic! I don't know if you can tell from the picture, but the bird is like a padded vinyl, so it stands out from the seat a bit. I like it.

There is one problem. I'm sure glad I took Debbie with me to pick it up. While I was paying for it, she found a spot where it looks like it was drug across something or sewn against or something. Anyway, I showed it to the guy, and he's going to redo the whole thing. I brough it home anyway to double check the fit since he has to do it over anyway. Next time I better wear my glasses when I'm inspecting stuff.

ChromeGorilla
05-06-2005, 11:39 AM
Cuda, that looks great! :yes: :beer:

Sam
05-06-2005, 02:32 PM
Sweet !!!!!!!

McGary911
05-06-2005, 04:42 PM
That's gonna look great on your Formula.....I'm thinking of making one for the Crit' that will fold in half and can be stowed in the bow......then when we park, I'll drag it out........

Cuda
05-06-2005, 04:56 PM
I used some Hardiboard to raise the other areas the quater inch that the aluminum stock is, so it sits flat in the fiberglass tray.

I cut the board with a grinder and diamond wheel.

I used Liquid Nail for subfloors to stick it to the fiberglass.

Deb sticking them down.

Ready to be set in place.

Set in place.

We took it back off, then I drilled countersink holes for the nuts to go into.

You can see better in this pic that the bird is raised.

onesubdrvr
05-06-2005, 05:48 PM
Joe,

That looks awesome!! I'm doing some of my own upholstery stuff (making a sun pad / etc), but it doesn't look NEAR that nice,.....

Keep it up!!

PS, anything on the minx?
Wayne

MOP
05-07-2005, 12:37 PM
A Bad Azz lid to top off the really nice job you did on the boat.

Phil