PDA

View Full Version : How does the ladder get secured on a 22ZX?

synack
05-06-2005, 12:00 AM
Subject says it all... One of the previous owners of my boat must have busted the mechanism that secures the ladder and all that I have securing it is some rope. How does it secure normally? Anyone have a pic?

Richard McCoy
05-06-2005, 03:37 PM
1" strap with snaps. If the ladder comes down when running it will damage the out drive. West has the parts to make a new strap. The bottom rung of the ladder has a snap button in the left corner or a hole where it use to be. When you make a new strap use three snaps,one on the ladder and two to each other. I hope that this helps. Ladder --+===+===+== deck

DJ13
05-29-2005, 05:57 PM
Here's what it looks like...

synack
06-21-2005, 01:59 PM
I called up Windline and they were kind enough to send me a replacement strap for free! Now that's customer service!

Anyway, the strap that I got has a screw on one end that obviously goes into the hole at the end of the bottom rung. Then it seems that the strap then loops 2x around the ladder and then fastens to the plastic piece you have on the hull in the picture. I definitely see how this makes sense.

Odd thing is that on my boat, I have the hull side piece mounted sideways UNDER the rub rail. Anyone else have this type of setup? I want to mount it securely and correctly, but I like the location under the rub rail since it's a cleaner line above the rub rail. However, it just seems odd that the piece is mounted sideways.

Also, how taut is the strap?

DJ13
06-21-2005, 02:11 PM
I called up Windline and they were kind enough to send me a replacement strap for free! Now that's customer service!
Also, how taut is the strap?

Windline has replaced my strap more than once. They seem to be a great customer service oriented company. It's too bad I'm not buying marine ladders on a regular basis because I'd always use them for that reason.

I keep my strap snug enough to keep the ladder from rattling. I had to come up with a "weave" between the rungs to get the length right and still get it to attach to the fitting.