PDA

View Full Version : More Blue Beast S/H?

MOP
05-05-2005, 09:18 PM
Title should be Good $h(# happens, I have been buried getting a lot done getting the beast ready. I have the F/W cooling all but done, mounted and short just one hose and a Tstat. So I went scrounging today at my local shops, ended up at my old shop where I did find a hose I though may work, trouble was it was in the warrantee loft along with two near new Merc F/W full system cooling kits with paperwork saying up to 377HP. I asked what the scoop was, found out the kits were less than a season old swapped out os a Searay as a factory fix for drowned engines. They had replaced the kits and manifolds risers etc, Merc did not want the old stuff. So I asked if I could glom the hose, the boss said take a whole kit I near fainted. It had all new hoses Tstat housings with everything to do a complete install, I had been eyeing them for awhile but having two good exchangers never asked. Now do I rip out what I already installed and put this one on, I am just one hose short of complete or do I swap in the new kit? I spent days mounting the bulkhead and exchanger plus hours of blood and sweat running Perelli wire wound hose for the sea water circut.More damn F/W stuff then I know what to do with!

Anyway the bilge work is almost done, will get into the final glass work soon. She is a coming.

Phil

Lenny
05-05-2005, 09:31 PM
I REALLY wish you had bought a camera waaayy back ;)

I gotta go. I am going to listen to the Transister radio in the living room. I think they are playing a movie tonight. :rolleyes:

:D :D :D

gcarter
05-05-2005, 09:39 PM
Phil, I think you know what I'd say...... :smash:

MOP
05-05-2005, 09:42 PM
I have been snapping a few as I go, you know the deal!

MOP

Sagbay32
05-06-2005, 05:19 PM
Lenny, you had me rolling with that one :rlol: :rlol:

Watch out for that flash powder Phil....*poof :angryfire

Mike

jstokes8407
05-06-2005, 05:57 PM
Swap it I just got done installing 1 also along with a complete new engine and ect ect ect :banghead: +++++++++++++++++++++

MOP
05-06-2005, 06:24 PM
Was to busy working on my kids engine today, still thinking about it. The Merc cooler is a little smaller then the one I have already mounted, I will pull the end caps tomorrow and count the tube bundle and see how many passes the water makes, the one that is mounted is a real heavy duty triple pass cooler. My engine is all new also with too many $$ inside, so the best cooler will win.

Phil

Ed Donnelly
05-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Lenny; You lucky bugger. You got one of them there new transistor radios???
Hot Damn. I am a little old fashioned I guess. Think I will stay with my trusty 12AU7 & 6Au6 tube radio..............Ed

mattyboy
05-06-2005, 08:04 PM
can't you just :smash: this in a slab of granite
i was gonna tune into this on the radio but I blew a vacuum tube
post pics !!!

glad things are coming along well

and now back to our regularly schedule show

seriously Phil these are the kinda of posts that need pics cause future searchers will browse them , can I suggest you consolidate the entire project with pics into one thread so it is all in one package

that's what Kenny and I tried to do with the cig project that way the good the bad and the ugly are all in one spot and onlookers can see the whole process not just bits and pieces

perhaps I can suggest from the moderators to start a restore, project
section where existing threads could be displayed with no new posts allowed
just as a research, reference area there seems to be enuff projects finished or in the works to be worth while

if I am out of line just tell me to FO

just a thought

;)

;)

gcarter
05-06-2005, 08:25 PM
Matty, FO!..... :biggrin: :confused:
whatever that means......

Actually not a bad idea.
While you couldn't post to it, you could reference it in a separate post.

BUIZILLA
05-06-2005, 08:36 PM
sheesh, doesn't everybody know that FO stands for Foreign Object?? ;) :D :kyle:

anonymous

MOP
05-06-2005, 08:41 PM
Matty what I have been doing is going back and posting the photos in the posts when I get them developed, when the rains tops I will shoot a bunch and post them. Been working my old butt off have gotten a fair bit done but did not take time to shot any pics.

Phil

mattyboy
05-06-2005, 09:06 PM
Phil yes getting the boat done is job one, but when all is said and done you should consolidate and illustrate the project in one thread

George my feeling on posting on a tech thread is that is sorta what i have done on this thread is get of topic and hijack it with another thought
and any question someone might have can be address by a last thread saying post a thread paging said member with a question on said project
this might help eliveate redundant questions by having a browser read an entire thread before asking a question already covered in the thread

i think I said enuff on Mops thread

penbroke
05-06-2005, 09:58 PM
:idea: Use the one that's already installed and move on... :yes:

If, at a later date you get truly bored you can swap it out.

Frank

MOP
05-07-2005, 08:14 AM
I did not think finding a goody had much to do with the project other than a possible swap for what was already installed. Its just an exchanger which I have decided not to install but to add to my stash for whatever. I will update the "Blue Beast update" post with what has been done.

Phil