PDA

View Full Version : 22 Classic Racing ...........

Hotspare
05-05-2005, 12:30 PM
Does anyone have any footage of 22 Classic in an offshore Power Boat Race .........

The reason I'm asking is because I just received a Freeze Frame DVD with one running ..........

It's by far the smallest boat in the race ........... Pretty cool to see the little guy flying out there .....

If I can find more, I'd sure like to get em .....

Thank's ,,,,,,,,,,,

Bruce .......

tamburello
05-05-2005, 03:21 PM
A 22 Classic in an offshore race? :eek!: That's some rare footage. Do you know what race it was?

- Jeff

ITTLFLI
05-05-2005, 04:42 PM
I remember seeing one in the pits at the St. Pete nationals in 00 or 01. It was a navy colored one.

Hotspare
05-05-2005, 06:32 PM
It's actually one I've had for about a year, but there's no mention of the boat anywhere, and the footage is rather short .......

I'm sure I got up to get a beer everytime it was on, just never saw it ..................LOL....
But anyway .....
It's the, Oct 08, 1994 Sunny Isles Offshore Grand Prix. I believe in Miami, They were runnung in the Local Class .... Boat name was, (No Hassles) # (L33) .......

Took first, in it's first race earlier that year in Sarasota .....

Have never see it since ........ So may be the only footage of it around ....

There really flying in the big stuff, cool watching them hang on .....LOL,..

MOP
05-05-2005, 08:52 PM
Read post #4 in link below amybe he has some footage!

Phil

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39474

Hotspare
05-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Thank's Mop .............

Fast Shafts
05-07-2005, 10:56 PM
There use to be a 22 classic that raced in the P4 class (up to 79 mph) called "Mailman", the last time I saw it was in 2000 in Ft Myers Fl. I think the boat was out of N. Carolina area?

Dr. Dan
05-08-2005, 10:34 PM
:wavey: Dwight and I ran into this same North Carolina guy 2 Summers ago. Must be the same guy...Navy colors, semi- Ratty looking 22, no Hatch...and it sounded nasty to us at the time...now I think I might have a slightly different opinion...

But at least he waved and asked us to join him out in the Inlet...we had to head in...so never got to run with him...we were in the Atlantic Beach/Moorhead City area.....I would love to see footage of him running.

Doc :smash:

Hotspare
05-09-2005, 09:16 AM
That's funny Doc ,,,,,
I kinda like that nasty sounding stuff too ....LOL,,, But I know what your saying ,,,,,,,
I get the look once in a while too ..............LOL .....

I was in a rush when I posted this last week and didn't go into much detail,and so there's a few things I wanted to add .......

First, There is commentary about the boat, and crew during the race ........ They were not listed on the event roster though, at the very beginning, and that's why I've missed the boat all this time ........

Second, The boat was powered by a stock, OMC B/B 454, 330hp/ King Cobra Combo, and so based on the criteria we should be able to estimate performance numbers ....... She's all red, with a full windshield, that looks to be reinforced nicely with silver metal tape ....... The rear seat cushions are removed ..... The throttle is center mounted, and operated buy the passenger, which was a must in those conditions ........ The driver had the wheel clenched with both hands throughout the segment ......

Third, The footage is very good ,,,,,,,,,, all shot from a helicoper very close in ,,,,,,, full out running for approx. 2.5 mins. She was running as I mentioned earlier in the (Local class) in the event ...... There were five total in the class, with only the Donzi being singled out, mentioned and filmed ...... Really cool seeing just how our boats would look flying under those conditions ........

I think ,,,, RoadTrip would have kicked his butt though ......................LOL....

Wouldn't It be cool to race these boats though ............. I'm thinkin 24ft is the legal limit for APBA offshore racing which puts us about, 1.5 feet short ....... But what about some sort of inland lake racing for the smaller boats ................ Hummmmmmm ,,,,,, Might be something to think about .........

Anyway, It's a lotta fun to watch, and I'd sure like to find some more ................LOL....

Rock on Brother's .................

ChromeGorilla
05-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Any chance we dan get this video clip posted. :)

Hotspare
05-09-2005, 09:46 AM
Chrome ..........

I'd love to ,,,,, Not sure about copyright infringements though ....... I've been trying to contact Jeff, at Freeze Frame about some other stuff I've got going and will ask ............ But, yea I think you'd really like this one ..........................LOL....

ChromeGorilla
05-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Or you could email me the clip...... :yes: I just wanna check it out.

Hotspare
05-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Chrome .........

Stand by 1 ........ Not sure I can, Git Her Done, but I'll try ........

If not, I guess I could just loan it to you .........

The wife and kid's are sick of lookin at it anyway .............LOL...