PDA

View Full Version : Acculift Electric Hatch Lifts

jonnyrottn
05-05-2005, 10:56 AM
Just wanted to pass some info on that I had to search for after the electric motor on my 22zx's hatch lift ate itself, luckily with the hatch open! They glue the stator magnet to the case - put that next to a warm motor and bounce it around and voila stator sticks to rotor, motor is toast, hatch stuck.
You can order parts to fix your acculift from this number 313.382.5121- you end up talking right to the guys on the factory floor, Acculift is unfortunately not retail customer friendly, try finding their website or a contact number! I saved the $300 replacement cost my dealer quoted for the whole actuator - the motor and rubber drive bushing were $70 delivered COD only.
Anyone know how you would get into the engine compartment on a zx if the lift failed with the sunpad closed?

Mudball
05-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Anyone know how you would get into the engine compartment on a zx if the lift failed with the sunpad closed?

Thanks for the info!!

I can lift my 22ZX hatch with the actuator down. It's HEAVY, though!
I don't think it forces the hatch down. At least mine has just a spring or something holding it down.

Zinger
05-07-2005, 08:02 AM
If you call the donzi factory they have a modification they drill a hole in the compartment under the rear seat ,so you can unbolt the lower bolt holding the actuator cut the wires and break your back trying this lift the very heavy cover. Jeff

jonnyrottn
05-08-2005, 06:20 AM
If you call the donzi factory they have a modification they drill a hole in the compartment under the rear seat ,so you can unbolt the lower bolt holding the actuator cut the wires and break your back trying this lift the very heavy cover. Jeff

Thanks for the info - seems like a badly thought out fix, drilling a big hole through the area under the seat. Took me a few weeks to get the parts to fix my lift last season, I lifted that hatch more times than I care to ever again. Thanks again. - Jon

txtaz
05-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Johnny, Most smaller DC motors have their stator magnets glued to the case. Some have a U shaped retaining clip between the magnets to hold them in place. I have not seen magnets come loose before. So it sounds like a case of your bushings failing. For a long term fix you can replace the bushings with class 5 bearings. I would suggest sealed bearings but you need to be carefull when heating them during install so as not to cook the grease (the ID on a bearing needs to be smaller than the bushing). An open bearing will collect the carbon dust from brushes and fail earlier. PM me if you need more info.
Hope this helps.
Wes