PDA

View Full Version : Engine Flush Kit

Johntrip
05-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Do The 496-ho Motors Need The Engine Flush Kit When Ran In Salt Water....??

Johntrip
05-05-2005, 03:58 PM
Hey, I know you....... By the way.... nice hair cut...!!:biggrin:

cigarette30
05-05-2005, 04:08 PM
No... :)

Although the closed system protects the block, why would you not want to flush for the exchanger, exhausts, raw water pump etc. ? I have an inline flush kit from Merc. with a quick disconnect, very easy to do.

ChromeGorilla
05-05-2005, 07:48 PM
I just throw the ear muffs on after salt use....

mattyboy
05-05-2005, 08:09 PM
I just throw the ear muffs on after salt use....

still cold down there I see :tongue:

ChromeGorilla
05-05-2005, 08:13 PM
still cold down there I see :tongue:

:rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

Johntrip
05-06-2005, 07:54 PM
Although the closed system protects the block, why would you not want to flush for the exchanger, exhausts, raw water pump etc. ? I have an inline flush kit from Merc. with a quick disconnect, very easy to do.1 Day Ago 02:58 PM

Thanks for the responses... Cig, I'm being told by most that flushing through the drives w/muffs takes care of all issues you've listed including drives of course all in one shot.... any response...????

Johntrip
05-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Oh, by the way guys....... its 89 degrees down here and humid as hell..!!!

cigarette30
05-07-2005, 08:43 AM
Although the closed system protects the block, why would you not want to flush for the exchanger, exhausts, raw water pump etc. ? I have an inline flush kit from Merc. with a quick disconnect, very easy to do.1 Day Ago 02:58 PM

Thanks for the responses... Cig, I'm being told by most that flushing through the drives w/muffs takes care of all issues you've listed including drives of course all in one shot.... any response...????

I misunderstood the post from needing to "flush", or a "flush kit". Obviously we all agree that the need to flush is still there, and agree the "muffs" would work. As you can see, I keep my boats on lifts, and the ease of the connection without having the easy access to the drive is my better option. Sorry MadPoodle, did not intend to disagree, my error.