PDA

View Full Version : AOTH Performance ?

DonCig
05-04-2005, 12:07 AM
Can a member bring an electronic instrument to use and check to see if a tachometer is reading correctly. I have looked at purchasing one but a decent unit cost $200.00 for a one time need?

Thanks,

DonCig

p.s. - I will have a nice assortment of 24P, 25P, 26P and one 27P RH props for trialing for those that are interested. Hydro, Mirage Plus and Turbo. I will even have two of the hard to find Turbo 26P RH 1" shaft props for testing.

Sam
05-04-2005, 07:37 AM
DonCig, I don't have a hand held tach anymore but I do have a DB meter that I'm bringing. With all the talk about noise restrections it might be nice to know where you stand. I'll have it for anyone that is interested. Looking forward to trying the 24" hydro :yes: .

Sam

slick
05-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Hi Sam, as in 4 Blade ? I have a SlingShot 27" 4 Blade that I am going to be running on the 22'. It seems to handle better with the 4 Blade :yes: , but, I am going to bring the Turbo 27" Vector Three Blade as a back-up. See You at Cumberland. Leo.

Sam
05-04-2005, 10:48 AM
Leo, what's a "Slingshot" ? And by the way I expect seat time in that new boat of yours :shades: .

Sam

slick
05-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Hey Sam, You must be a Yankee, The Slingshot is named after a famous racing boat that won a bunch of off shore races and is a four blade prop that was very successful. The Company, based in Monroe, Georgia is Propco and they make props for just about everything. The man is Peter Dean, an Aussie, living in Georgia and is the mastermind behind the Props.
www.propcopropellers.com
Have a safe trip to Cumberland.

Sam
05-08-2005, 07:56 PM
DonCig, I went to my dad's house today and found my old hand held tach. It's an oldy but a goody. I'm going to test it out this weekend, if it checks out I'll bring it to Cumberland.

Sam