PDA

View Full Version : X18 Powerplant

TREYSTJOHN
05-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Here is a couple shots of the X powerplant, I redid the plumbing with marine hose prior to installing in boat. Clear lines were for looks while it sat in our showroom.

Still breaking in so performance specs. not avail yet. Should push the 14x18 clever with 1.31 edrive to about 5,600rpm and vessel should go 63-65 assuming about 14% slip. I decided not to go high hp since vessel still has cable steering. We used a 278 crane which has 114 centers, so it does idle at 700rpm which makes for easy docking.

Trey

Mr X
05-03-2005, 11:28 AM
Very nice looking!!
Will the E-drive hold together with that HP?

BRIAN73
05-03-2005, 03:40 PM
nice looking engine.

You should really consider a a single ram hydraulic steering setup. (Much easier on you and the boat)

That drive will last along time with that power.

Do you have a trim system on the X

BRIAN
(one week till shake down time)
I wonder how the new tabs will work with a tiny bit more horsepower???

18FOOTER
05-03-2005, 05:02 PM
this looks awesome!!! makes my x look pretty bad.
nice looking engine.

You should really consider a a single ram hydraulic steering setup. (Much easier on you and the boat)

That drive will last along time with that power.

Do you have a trim system on the X

BRIAN
(one week till shake down time)
I wonder how the new tabs will work with a tiny bit more horsepower???

TREYSTJOHN
05-03-2005, 08:16 PM
I may be selling the X in the near future, so an external steering system will have to wait until the sell or keep decision is made. It does have a full hydraulic trim 290 upper atached to the edrive lower. My 1966 three hatch project is the high HP insanity ride which will someday be completed (408ci/500hp). The X was built just to be a Severn River...Annapolis cruiser. I'll post some pics of the boat when I get a chance to take some. It is one of the best condition, original gel X18's around since it was garage kept most of its life.

Trey