PDA

View Full Version : 1994 22 classic..

Andy McCarty
05-02-2005, 01:56 PM
Hey guys I have a couple questions about a 94' 22 classic i have found.
1. 454 mag bravo drive, How fast.
2. It doesnt have a prop on it what prop should be used for a test drive.
3. It is believed to have 200-250 hours some of which is salt water use. is there any way to find out exact hours and if there is any damage from salt water use.
4. What should one expect to pay for a 94 22 classic, 454, B1, 200-250 hrs, aluminum trailer, good shape.

Nice boat just want to verify before i make offer...:shades:

Andy McCarty
05-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Come on guys 16 views and no replies. Any and all info will help here..:boat:

Reedy
05-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Come on guys 16 views and no replies. Any and all info will help here..:boat:
Try http://www.boattraderonline.com/services.html?buyingguides for a starting point. Prices will be all over the place.
I purchased a 94 16 Classic last year that was as cherry as they come, low hrs., fresh water only, almost no use on a custom trailer. I've seen them for 10k to 19k.

Pismo
05-02-2005, 05:54 PM
The 454 Mag carb is 350hp, mid 60s and the 454 Mag EFI version is 385 hp, high 60s/low 70s so a Mirage Plus 23" or 25" will work well. If EFI then go 25". If EFI, get the ECU read for the true hours. Buy a freshwater boat, there are plenty out there for sale and then you don't need to worry about these salty issues and you will get many, many more years of low maintenence life. If salt, the risers are the first to go so check those out. $20-25k.

Dr. Dan
05-02-2005, 06:47 PM
:wavey: If it was super clean, I would suggest the Range of Value is closer to $17,500 to $21,500 this is totally up to the potential Buyer and what you feel its worth. That would include Trailer. 5 years ago I paid $20,000 for mine 1993 with less than 100 hours on it...and it was scary clean...so take that for what its worth? At the time my boat was only valued at about $18K(NADA).

:wavey: As far as speed, I would suggest you would see 64 to 67 mph with a correct Prop. Many people have had success with Props from Turbos 23 - 25 pitch 3 Blades...

I think with Headers, and some fresh air...you could see higher numbers...a buddy of mine has a 385 horse Magnum...and he is breaking 70 on a regular basis...but mostly 67-69 with passengers...his is around 400 horse with his upgrades.

Good Luck

PS. I had a survey done on mine when I bought it...and I had another done last year to verify the new valuation after my repower!

Doc :D

Andy McCarty
05-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Guys thanks for the responses and hope i get more. The boat i am talking about could very easily be bought for 15k. It is suppose to have under 300 hours and light salt water use. I will have more information tommorow that will determine my purchase. I have made an offer and is in the owners hands. If i do not purchase this boat i will give anyone on this board all the information i have gathered, and the owner of the boats name and phone numbers. The boat is clean with light Keel scuffs. I am interested in this boat but I already have the Z25 and getting pressure from the misses to get a more family oriented boat. If i were to purchase this boat i would be getting rid of my Z25 and purchasing a family boat. I have been very pleased with the Z and would hate to part with it but i would rather have the classic. I will keep all of you posted. I do plan on atleast making an apperance @ AOTH this year. Not sure how long i will be able to stay due to work but hope to meet as many of the Donzi family as i can. Hope to see all of you on Saturday of the meet. :outtahere

gold-n-rod
05-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Guys thanks for the responses and hope i get more. The boat i am talking about could very easily be bought for 15k. It is suppose to have under 300 hours and light salt water use. I will have more information tommorow that will determine my purchase. I have made an offer and is in the owners hands. If i do not purchase this boat i will give anyone on this board all the information i have gathered, and the owner of the boats name and phone numbers. The boat is clean with light Keel scuffs. I am interested in this boat but I already have the Z25 and getting pressure from the misses to get a more family oriented boat. If i were to purchase this boat i would be getting rid of my Z25 and purchasing a family boat. I have been very pleased with the Z and would hate to part with it but i would rather have the classic. I will keep all of you posted. I do plan on atleast making an apperance @ AOTH this year. Not sure how long i will be able to stay due to work but hope to meet as many of the Donzi family as i can. Hope to see all of you on Saturday of the meet. :outtahere

The Z25 is a lot more "family oriented boat" than a Classic 22. I assume (ass out of you and me) you are talking about a deck boat or bowrider to augment the 22. You'd be a 2 boat family....... cool, I'm going that direction too. A 24 cuddy for family fun and a Sweet 16 for ****s and grins. Life is good.

Andy McCarty
05-02-2005, 08:35 PM
Yes we would be a 2 boat family. I want something to tool around in when the misses and youngone dont want to play. We have a house @ Lake Cumberland and alot of morings i get up and want to go for a cruise. We will probably be purchasing a new Formula 242 as the "family " boat this winter. Once that happens i WILL get rid of the Z25 and find either a 22 or 18. I should have bought Teds boat. I kick myself every time i think about it. That would have been the ultimate classic with modern updates. Ted all I can say is i missed my chance. I look at it as bad timing but any way you shack it i regret it.

TD
05-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Andy, Is the 22 yellow? If so I can shed a little information about it's history.
It might have been floating around Louisville last summer.

Andy McCarty
05-04-2005, 09:44 AM
TD Yes it is. can you please email me andy@taper.com or give me a call 800-354-9367. I would love to hear more about it.

Andy McCarty
05-05-2005, 01:40 PM
TD Can you shoot me an email. I would love to heare more about the boat before i make my decision. Thanks in advance.

Richard McCoy
05-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Were can one buy a scanning tool for Mercruiser efi motors?