PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody ever?

WarPath137
05-02-2005, 01:33 PM
I was thinking here at work while i was bored but has the thought of a 30-40 classic with big power and stand up with cabin ever come across anyone's mind before? I just don't know why they down come out with out, In my opinion a 35ft classic with some big power would hands down take the cake for me ?!?!?!

Hotspare
05-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Having a bit of an advantage out of the box ,,,,

The King, had to give the other guy's a chance ...........

But, your right ,,,,,,, It' just one of many TKO's that in due time will be delivered ...........

With Power, comes resposibilty my friend ,,,,,,,

Nobody likes a big bully ................................LOL......

blackhawk
05-02-2005, 03:11 PM
You mean a narrow hull, long bowed sweet looking rocket with some big power, a stand up cockpit and a cabin that's 35' long? Hmmm, this is pretty close:

http://www.donzimarine.com/DonziWebsite/Site/Boats/ZR/35zr/35zrpage.html

:D

ChromeGorilla
05-02-2005, 03:23 PM
BH, my thoughts exactly.

WarPath137
05-02-2005, 05:08 PM
yes it is, but i mean a classic to the truest. Iam talking lady's and gentlemen imagine this in your minds, a 35 ft long all red w/ white stripe and tinted windshield with the ss frame, stand up Classic aronow V no steps, cabin and a pair of 600's............ now tell me that wouldn't be A bad F*CKING boat.......... :uzi:

Marlin275
05-02-2005, 06:44 PM
yes it is, but i mean a classic to the truest. I am talking lady's and gentlemen imagine this in your minds, a 35 ft long all red w/ white stripe and tinted windshield with the ss frame, stand up Classic aronow V no steps, cabin and a pair of 600's............ now tell me that wouldn't be A bad F*CKING boat.......... :uzi:

Yea, thats the ticket,
how bout
Classic 33"
in red?

WarPath137
05-02-2005, 07:51 PM
now thats what Iam talking about! accept in a stand up version !

Hansel
05-02-2005, 09:24 PM
http://www.thunderboatalley.com/gallery/album49/4800_aronow_45_alpha_1_med

I don't know how true to the Aronow archetype you would like to see emulated this is, but it sure has one heck of a sunpad.

Does anyone here know anything about Aronow Powerboats?

Hansel

mattyboy
05-02-2005, 09:45 PM
yes it is, but i mean a classic to the truest. Iam talking lady's and gentlemen imagine this in your minds, a 35 ft long all red w/ white stripe and tinted windshield with the ss frame, stand up Classic aronow V no steps, cabin and a pair of 600's............ now tell me that wouldn't be A bad F*CKING boat.......... :uzi:

sorry true Classics don't have windshields :tongue: :eek: :rlol:

but 35 feet how could I tow it with my miata

:rolleyes:

goatee
05-02-2005, 10:23 PM
oh matty,,, no..... noooooo

mattyboy
05-03-2005, 08:20 AM
oh matty,,, no..... noooooo

did I say something wrong :) :tongue:

I mean I could have asked wether it was a ford or chevy 600's and a bravo or volvo drives??? I mean I let the stripe thing go and do they make 35 foot weenie bars

;) :)

only kidding War just trying to get the last of the winter posts out

Tom Davis
05-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Big Don A. did it already.......... It was called the 35 foot Cigarette "Cafe Racer" :checkered

mattyboy
05-03-2005, 01:38 PM
you got it Tom :)

EricG
05-03-2005, 02:03 PM
I couldn't agree more... the 35 Cafe is one of my all time favorites. I've watched the scene in the bond movie "License to Kill" featuring that boat about 100 times...

Although to me, the Mistress may actually be closer to the classic than the Cafe, only because of the flat deck. But no matter which one, the big cigs are some of the most Classic boats ever made.

In my humble opinion, I present my list for the The All Aronow Classic Series:
16 Donzi
18 Donzi
20 Cig
22 Donzi
24 Spitfire, 24 Cig
25 Magnum
27 Magnum Sport
28 Cig SS
35 Cig Mistress, Awesome, Cafe Racer
36 Cig
38 Cig Flatdeck, 38 Cig Top Gun (non stepped)

So...what have I forgotten?

EG
BTW - the next boat I add to my stable will not be from that list...but I like to think of it as a cousin from originally down the block....here kitty, kitty, kitty :wink:

boldts
05-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Eric,

Wouldn't be one of these Kittys would it? Got to go through their factory while down on Thunder Boat Row. Not much to look at as it's all custom built for the owners wants. Sure liked the 24' though.

http://www.panteraboats.com/

WarPath137
05-03-2005, 02:41 PM
yes that is true and all about the cigs but i wanna see a 35 ft classic DAMIT! i mean a 35 footer with the lines of a 22 classic............. just of the thought of it haunts me......... and to see DONZI on the side :shocking:

EricG
05-03-2005, 02:48 PM
You got it Scott! I WILL own a 28 within the next couple of years. Kath has assured me that since I've been downsizing and struggling while she finishes school, we can buy one once she starts working again... I AM keeping the 18 now though...

I love the 24 also, but for me, a 28 with Twins is the boat I have always wanted...it took me awhile to find it, but that's the one. I wanted Tim G's boat from OSO sooooo bad :banghead: :banghead:

We went to the shop last year on our way to our cruise ship, but it was a Sunday...so I just got to look trough the gate.

-EG

mattyboy
05-03-2005, 03:40 PM
I couldn't agree more... the 35 Cafe is one of my all time favorites. I've watched the scene in the bond movie "License to Kill" featuring that boat about 100 times...

Although to me, the Mistress may actually be closer to the classic than the Cafe, only because of the flat deck. But no matter which one, the big cigs are some of the most Classic boats ever made.

In my humble opinion, I present my list for the The All Aronow Classic Series:
16 Donzi
18 Donzi
20 Cig
22 Donzi
24 Spitfire, 24 Cig
25 Magnum
27 Magnum Sport
28 Cig SS
35 Cig Mistress, Awesome, Cafe Racer
36 Cig
38 Cig Flatdeck, 38 Cig Top Gun (non stepped)

So...what have I forgotten?

EG
BTW - the next boat I add to my stable will not be from that list...but I like to think of it as a cousin from originally down the block....here kitty, kitty, kitty :wink:

all great boats but
not to get too technical here but the 18 22 and spitfire are'nt Aronow designs more Aronow infleunced

EricG
05-03-2005, 03:56 PM
all great boats but
not to get too technical here but the 18 22 and spitfire are'nt Aronow designs more Aronow infleunced

That is a good point Matty,

I should have specified... how about the All former Aronow "companies" Classic List.

I was trying to figure out how I would justify my choices, and I can't really figure it out, other than to say; to me, those boats most closely personify across company lines the "mystique" that the Donzi classics have.

As far as the original thread topic....take a 22 classic - stretch it 16 feet, put in a cabin and twins? Sounds just like a 38 Cigarette...

Although, in actuality, the closest thing ever built to a 38 classic as far as configuration may be the current 38ZR.

22 Classic:
5 seats
no cabin
very little storage
Great performance
MASSIVE SEX APPEAL

38 ZR:
5 Seats
No cabin
very little storage (for a 38)
Increadible performance
MASSIVE SEX APPEAL

Take away the steps and sharpen a few of the corners, and it sure seems like a 38 classic to me :biggrin:

-EG

boldts
05-03-2005, 03:56 PM
They were working on a hardtop version of the 28 for offshore racing when I went through the shop. The pictures on the wall kind of reminded me of the Glastron with the t-top. I've always liked the Pantera and the Superboat. They had a Pink Panther edition of the 24 Pantera that was very cool in my opinion. It was going thru final prep and Mr. Manny Filgueiras who gave us the tour let me get in the boat and check it out. It felt like a stand-up version of a 18' Donzi Classic. All the boat was under your feet like a surf board. You had a bolster holding your body and a steering wheel for your hand to hang on to. From the waist up was all in the wind as the windshield didn't seem to even exsist. Mine would have to have the green cat eyes on the side.

Back to our regular scheduled program. A longer Classic with twins, cabin to crawl up into. (You'd have to crawl in order to keep the flat deck with no ugly looking rise on the sides to create depth in the cabin) While it would look fantastic, I think the cost for usable boat would make it very hard to sell. You figure a 22 is going in the 60 to 70,000 range with no cabin and a 496. A 24 to 30 + Classic would have to cost close to 200,000 by the time you add a couple 525s or more to it. Also, to get the speed, you'd probably have to put some kind of stepped hull under it. It's no longer a Classic. It's what Donzi is already building in the 35ZR. Just my .02 thoughts. What do I know?

Jamesbon
05-04-2005, 02:22 PM
WarPath137,
I feel ya all the way, a stretched out 22 Classic would be bad ass!! No steps or funky sh*t on the top deck, just a straight out flat deck BIG Classic would be un-beatable!! I've been thinking about it for years...........I even ran my idea past Mike Miller at the first Donzi owners rendezvous......

WarPath137
05-04-2005, 03:10 PM
BOND see's my vision no who else? :incredibl

Ranman
05-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Where are the molds for the 24'? They're out there somewhere. Think I heard Michael A has them...

WarPath137
05-05-2005, 08:28 AM
yes yes and yes, what ever happened to the 24 spitfire molds, I could see a 24 with twins or bb single power in a stand up version, that would deff get my vote for bad as$ boat of the year :yes:

MOP
05-05-2005, 09:02 AM
Here is one that caught my eye in Kool Boats on the Arneson site. Not a Classic but super sleek.

TuxedoPk
05-05-2005, 09:16 AM
yes yes and yes, what ever happened to the 24 spitfire molds, I could see a 24 with twins or bb single power in a stand up version, that would deff get my vote for bad as$ boat of the year :yes:

The 24' molds were sold off to Sonic. According to the Poodle, they were cut up last year.

goatee
05-05-2005, 10:59 AM
a 24 classic, rumor has it the classics dont make them any money. which is another reason why we will not see a 24. but,,,, wouldnt it be nice?

WarPath137
05-05-2005, 11:09 AM
then if thats the case on the classics not making them money they need to remember what started Fu*king donzi the roots, they need to think of the consumer in this point they will build an enormous following even bigger then that of which they now have by selling there classic look to the upper echelon world of the powerboat industry. Reasons like those are why im fed up with all the bs that revolves around money these days, so what they make 5 grand per boat instead of 10, yet they have happy customers, they can't forget that they customers are who keeps them in buisness.......... with out a happy customer you aren't jack Sh#t............... :splat:

pmreed
05-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Wow WP :eek:!! I see where you got your handle!!

Phil

Rootsy
05-05-2005, 11:30 AM
then if thats the case on the classics not making them money they need to remember what started Fu*king donzi the roots

hell i wasn't even thought of in 1964 for god's sake......... I'm pretty sure my relatives didn't do it either... just a bunch of poor midwestern farmers here eh...

sheesh... :rolleyes:

JR

Hotspare
05-05-2005, 11:46 AM
WarPath ..........

What are we waiting for !!!!!!!!!!

Why don't we just build our own !!!!!!!!!!!

We've got enough tech's on board to sketch her out ..........

We'll set up a kitty, and fund the R&D that way ,,,,,,,,,

Someone could build the mold for us, and we'll pop one out ,,,,,,,,

We'll take turn's going to all the gathering's, and give everybody rides ......

Heck, I'll even throw in free storage right here at the house .......

Now, who can we get to run this Kitty ..................LOL....

WarPath,,,

Your ENTHUSIASM is second to none ,,,,, My Friend .............LOL :biggrin:

WarPath137
05-05-2005, 01:08 PM
lol doooo it :pimp:

Hotspare
05-05-2005, 01:59 PM
Ok ,,,,,,, We've got the ball rolling .........

I'll try to draw a rough sketch little later today and scan it ,,,,,

I'm sure someone much better, will take the oppurtunity to upstage me ,,,,,,

But,then we'll have a real start at something .......

Ok,Then you, may have to reciprocate, if you like, by planning the propultion system, with a sketch I suppose ............

Or, the other way around if you like ...........

The rest, will be a piece of cake !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cause ,,,,,,

Some lurker with deep pockets will just steal our idea's ...............

And do it himself ............ All Done !!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well ,,,,,, At least we'll get somebody to build her for us .............

Rock on Brother ............

Somebody's gotta dream it & Somebody's got to scheme it ................ :idea: ...................LOL.....

Get That Classic First Though ......................

I Love Pictures ......

Hotspare
05-05-2005, 04:00 PM
First rough Sketch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here we Go !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hotspare
05-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Here I'll flip it around ...........

WarPath137
05-05-2005, 04:47 PM
ahahaha...... whenever im bored at work im drawing stuff just like that good idea lets find investors!!!! for real it would be insane to be the ones responsible for it!!! :spongebob

Jamesbon
05-05-2005, 08:37 PM
That's what we're talking about!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice job!

If the funds were available.... draw it in AutoCad, d-load into a large CNC machine, cut the plug from foam, then lay up the mold and start making 22 C's on Roids!!!!

The passion is here in my heart, but there's alot more necessary.....I'm willing to talk with the right people.....

Glad a few others share the same thoughts on a TRUE CLASSIC in the 24-45' arena!

Maybe power her with v-drives, straight inboards, ARNESONS or something else capable of longevity and high HP.

Don't forget the "lawsuit" fund, unless Donzi will back the plan ;)

WarPath137
05-06-2005, 11:11 AM
yea yea yea v drives big power :uzi:

Cuda
05-06-2005, 12:30 PM
I can tell you the secret to making a small fortune building boats.

Start with a large fortune.

fasttrucker
05-06-2005, 08:07 PM
What cuda said.! :D Now really as you might have known by now.,step hulls are what makes easy speed.Well I might as well say it the classics are....
No cant say it the harbor master will ban me for life. :eek: The new ZR boats are the bomb.Went to the baltimore show and saw one almost wrote a check right then.If you havent seen one "live" then you need too!