PDA

View Full Version : Swim step rebuild

Cuda
05-01-2005, 01:52 PM
I've started a small project already this morning. I'm going to try to replace the teak on my swim step on the fishboat with starboard. I had to go to Home Depot to buy a router bit to round the edges with. I hope I got the right one, I know chit about being a wood butcher. :biggrin.:

Cuda
05-01-2005, 01:54 PM
Did I mention I hate teak WORSE than I hate biminis? :mad:

After this is replaced, I think the only teak left on the fishboat is the rod holders, and if I can figure out how to attach them, I'll make them out of thicker starboard.

Cuda
05-01-2005, 01:55 PM
Oh sh!t, I just opened the box with my router in it. It appears there may be "some assembly required". The three most dreaded words in the English language. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Cuda
05-01-2005, 01:57 PM
I read the instructions on how to intall the bit in the router. It says, "use small spanner wrench to hold spindle, and large spanner wrench to turn the collet nut". Of course, my set doesn't have the small spanner wrench. :banghead: I think, no problem, I'll just use an end wrench to turn it. Of course, the end wrench is too thick to get it on, so I have to make one that will fit.

Cuda
05-01-2005, 01:58 PM
I get the edges routed down to a bullnose edge. Not too bad for a guy that just opened his router. I screwed up a little on the corners, but I can live with it.

Cuda
05-01-2005, 02:00 PM
I cut out and router the small step, drill out the holes, then put it all back together.

Cuda
05-01-2005, 02:01 PM
It ain't perfect, but it looks a helluva lot better. I'd do better the next time I do one. :)

Ed Donnelly
05-01-2005, 02:14 PM
You know when it comes to fine detail work, you let the professonals do it.
So how come SHE didn't do it............Ed

Cuda
05-01-2005, 02:26 PM
You know when it comes to fine detail work, you let the professonals do it.
So how come SHE didn't do it............Ed
She was busy goofing off with fun stuff like trimming the hedge, mowing the lawn and weed eating it, while I do the hard stuff. :biggrin.:

JimG205
05-03-2005, 02:48 PM
:jestera:

CUDA-I Keep tellin you-you don't know what you got-take care of that woman. :)

MOP
05-03-2005, 03:42 PM
One Day She Will Whoop You Up Side The Head!

Nice job on the platform!

Phil