PDA

View Full Version : Gauge Question

Trueser
05-01-2005, 10:20 AM
Help!!!

I just picked up a new set of Livorsi Monster gauges and I have a question if I can still hook up the Merc warning system. Has anyone gone thru this already?

Man I have alot of work before AOTH,....

MOP
05-01-2005, 10:30 AM
Wires are wires the color codes stay the same, my question would be if the Livorsi gauges require different senders. The OHM's may not be the same as Merc not sure.

Phil

Lenny
05-01-2005, 11:23 AM
Mike. got your message the other day. Called you but you left a number that obvioulsy didn't go to you.

Anyways, the guages were slanted, I believe just the Monster Speedo and Tach in the Aronow boat.

Can't help you on any of this tho. :)

blueliner
05-01-2005, 12:05 PM
lenny,

got your message. i have been so busy w/ work haven't had a chance to look. i am going to take her out in a couple hours. will look and re-post. hope you will be out as well. looks like a gorgeous day...

Mike. got your message the other day. Called you but you left a number that obvioulsy didn't go to you.

Anyways, the guages were slanted, I believe just the Monster Speedo and Tach in the Aronow boat.

Can't help you on any of this tho. :)

Trueser
05-02-2005, 11:31 AM
Well I talked with Livorsi and they directed me to MERC. :banghead: Has anyone added new gauges and figured out how to hook up the alarm system?

Maybe I should call Gaffrig?

Rootsy
05-02-2005, 11:42 AM
the alarm system is connected to SEPERATE senders, not the senderst the gauges use.

for your oil pressure, water temp, fuel gauges you'll need to verify the resistance and voltage range for each sender... for the voltmeter well that is straight forward from the electrical system and alternator.

wiring is teh same... purple is hot, black is ground, the otehr wire is teh feed from the sender... etc etc etc..

JR

Ranman
05-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Trueser,

Would you tell me the method of wire connectoin that is used on the Livorsi's? The VDO's in my boat all use flat spade connectors. My guess is that the Livorsi's require ring terminals. Are the livorsi gauges studded with nuts (ring connectors) or do they possibly use spade connectors also?

I would like to change out the gauges, but would hate to have to cut all the spade connectors off and re solder with rings.

Anyone know if there is a spade to ring adapter?

Trueser
05-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Randy,
Livorsi are all ring connectors. I will be putting new ends on to avoid connection problems.I wouldnt use adapters!

As soon as I figure out the alarm system.

Mike

synack
05-02-2005, 03:38 PM
Mike,

Don't forget about the wiring diagram in the red Donzi owners manual.

David Hartmann
05-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Help!!!

I just picked up a new set of Livorsi Monster gauges and I have a question if I can still hook up the Merc warning system. Has anyone gone thru this already?

Man I have alot of work before AOTH,....

I have just finished a 2004 350MPI system with the gaffrig 270 gauges. the senders work fine.

The warning buzzer for merc is a seperate system it is fed off the ECM just wire it up it will work weather or not you have any guages at all