PDA

View Full Version : 27 squadron

DAULEY
05-01-2005, 10:02 AM
does anyone know how many 27 squadrons were buildt with a cigarette hull number or titled as cigarette
thanks

magnum27
05-02-2005, 09:11 AM
cool project, I am just now at the end of my project. I took the deck of my Magnum but I went with a brand new deck instead of putting the old one back on. The original one was to far gone to repaire so I got a new Magnum Starfire race deck for it and glassed it all together then gelcoated it. I love the Squadron's, they and the Magnum I believe share the same hull design. I made my boat a sit down cockpit much like the squadron as there just is not enouph freeboard for stand up bolsters in these type of boats. Anyway just wanted to say that is a cool project and I know how you feel, I would like to see updates of your project if you can post them. Good luck with it.

Travis

DAULEY
05-02-2005, 09:32 AM
thanks
i took the deck off to check out the stringers all good
removed gas tank because of gas smell good thing it had a leak
boat is now gutted and bottom is getting a fresh coat of gel
thansom is being pluged for a bravo
new engine is buildt and waiting no more trans more room in engine area
will have many parts for sale soon trans drive steering ect

magnum27
05-02-2005, 10:02 AM
man your project is sounding more like mine. I converted the magnum from a twin small block to a single big block with an ITS mercury racing transom assimbly and Bravo. I hope to see good numbers from her and thing it will be better ballanced this way. I can't wait to see how yours turns out. Glad to see you are gelling it and not useing paint. It is the only way to go. A lot more work but well worth it in the end.