PDA

View Full Version : The kind of people that frequent this forum.....

gold-n-rod
04-30-2005, 10:15 PM
I have to post about this..... As you have read, I am trying to buy a Classic that's 600 miles away. Yesterday, I posted a request looking for someone living near northern Virginia who might be willing to check out the boat for me. Brad Verd replied and offered to go and look at the boat for me. Of course, I was thrilled and accepted his offer.

Turns out he drove some distance (about an hour's drive, as far as I can calculate) to view the boat. Then, he kept me apprised via cell phone as to his findings. Finally, he posted 77 images to the Atlantic Donzi site for me (and all) to see, along with his comments and observations. He was even willing to do mechanical checks, like of the compression, although the marina ended up being closed and the keys unavailable. WOW!

Everyone I have told about buying a boat so far away has asked, "How do you know this is a good boat?" When I have told them about Brad's assistance they ask, "How do you know this guy?" When I tell them I don't really know him, except through this internet forum, they are astounded.

This, ladies and gents, is the quality of the people who frequent this forum. Can you imagine trying to find or buy a Donzi lacking the people who are part of this community? I sure can't.

Props to you, Brad. You are a great guy and bring honor to all who own a Donzi. Thanks.

Lenny
04-30-2005, 10:59 PM
BINGO, :yes: I found this out a few years ago. This is not a buck-shea site or climate.

It is the real deal.

I can not tell you HOW MUCH FUN I have had, with people I would NEVER meet in ten lifetimes, because of this site and the Internet.

sweet 16 1966
05-01-2005, 07:44 AM
V.C. Wow!
70 in Atl. today, sunny :smile: . Could run the Donzi??
Winds--15 mph on Lanier...
Come on down.