PDA

View Full Version : help critique my new boat.....

gold-n-rod
04-30-2005, 08:50 PM
I have a deposit on an '03 Classic 16. Thanks to Brad Verd, there are 77 images of the boat posted on the web. They can be viewed at: http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/members_bverd_otherboats_fulltilt16?page=1

If you have the chance, please view all or some of them and provide me with any feedback you may have. I'd greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks again, Brad, for service above and beyond the call of duty.

RedDog
04-30-2005, 09:02 PM
Certainly seems to be well equipped. I don't think I have seen a 16 with either switchable exhaust or tab position indicators.

Nice boat

bverd
04-30-2005, 09:03 PM
Looks like I better go fix my spelling mistakes :banghead:

It was my pleasure to go check it out, made a nice break in the weekend and the rain stopped as soon as I got to the boat.

--bverd

gold-n-rod
04-30-2005, 09:10 PM
Certainly seems to be well equipped. I don't think I have seen a 16 with either switchable exhaust or tab position indicators.

Nice boat

You are right, Dog. I referred to the '03 catalog and this boat appears to be equipped with EVERY factory option. If it weren't for the white windshield frame, I'd swear it was the same boat that was featured in the '03 brochure.

Edit: I just reviewed the brochure pic and that boat does NOT have the tab position indicators. I think fully equipped boats are keepers!!!!

Best yet, it comes with Z-care until April 2008!!!

gold-n-rod
04-30-2005, 09:21 PM
Nice trailer too. Brakes on a 16 trailer???

You could have knocked me over with a feather when Brad told me about the disc brakes. What a nice feature. Will make the 600 mile tow home a breeze.

I am stoked!! :biggrin:

gcarter
04-30-2005, 09:26 PM
I'm impressed! :yes:

Lenny
04-30-2005, 09:49 PM
I MUST be losing it. About time :rolleyes:

...BUT, a Sixteen with a windshield off of an 18? What am I missing here or is this just something I have NEVER seen. ???

One thing I learned today was that the dash has the same problem as my carb and Poodles'. P and S and then S and P, not to be confused with the S&P 500... :bonk:

http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/albums/members_bverd_otherboats_fulltilt16/DSC01223.sized.jpg

Hansel
04-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Looks like it is going to be great fun! Having been out to Lake Michigan just tonight I can picture it skimming across the waves. I am sure it will provide many great years of duty for you, and when the rest of the fam sees how much fun it is you might have to work to keep them away from it.

Hope everything works out with it and you get it back to MI safe and sound.

Hansel

Dr. Dan
04-30-2005, 10:29 PM
:wavey: I agree with Brad I think with some TLC...this would be a super boat...looks like it was used and not loved...a bit more care could have prevented some of the dings and damage...not much can be done about that...

Too me it appeared...some Keel Areas had been repaired...from hits of items in the water...cuz it looked alot like mine does when I get mine repaired...brighter white with a dusty perimeter...can be blended in with some elbow grease...

Great Job on the Photos Brad....sure you don't do Photo Spreads for Penthouse or something? 77 Photos...heck... :smash:

Nice Trailer too....and enough rubber to get home!

Doc :bighug:

ChromeGorilla
04-30-2005, 10:37 PM
The remote oil drain line that is tied up probably has never been used. Thats where mine was tied up when boat shipped new. I asked and they said thats how Donzi gets the motors from Merc. The remote drain line is tied up on top. Part of dealer prep is to route it down to the drain plug, slip it out and attach the drain plug with the metal clip/lanyard so when your ready to change oil, just remove plug and pull the remote drain line out.

BUIZILLA
04-30-2005, 11:01 PM
swap the red and green wires on the trim tab rocker switches, and get rid of the S and P decal syndrome...

JH

tamburello
05-01-2005, 07:34 AM
Looks like a nice ride and lots of options to boot. Not many windshield 16s out there and I've never seen one with a white frame. FYI - the nick that Brad pointed out on the leading edge of the lower is the speedo pickup, mine likes to eat wood at Cumberland :rolleyes: . Who needs a survey done when you have Brad on the scene, nice job. So, where should I be looking for this sweet 16? I'm in Holland and hit Glen Lake a few times a year. Have fun!

- Jeff