PDA

View Full Version : '98 22 Classic (my favorite paint scheme)

bverd
04-30-2005, 07:06 PM
Please note... This is not my boat, I don't know the marina, and have nothing to do with the boat. I just thought I would share what I saw and found out.

On my way to look at another Donzi for a board member I ran across this one.

http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/8/79086588.htm

On my way back I stopped and took a quick peak at it. I talked to a salesperson who gave me some history. The previous owner was the original owner, he has just put in a brand new 454 Mag MPI when he came down with health problems. Long story short, is that he passed from Cancer. The marina purchased this boat from the Estate as the family had no clue what is was or how to take care of it.

It really needs to be cleanned up. The carpet looked brand new with no fading. The seats were in great shape, again looked like little to no wear.

If someone is interested, I would be happy to go back and be more thourough. There was alot of water in the bilge (they hadn't cleaned it yet for the sales floor) so I would spend sometime in there looking around.

I took some photos with my camera that I thought I would share. http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/mambers_bverd_otherboats_22

Could make a good addition to the Donzi.net family.

--bverd

CMC
05-01-2005, 06:55 AM
I may be interested.Any idea if that was a factory paint sceme, or did the owner have it done. Did the gell coat have any fade to it? Where do you think the water in the bilge came from? Thanks my Email is Realworld015@Yahoo.com

Cuda
05-01-2005, 08:20 AM
Looks to be a heck of a buy.

bverd
05-01-2005, 08:21 AM
Yes that is factory paint, only seen a couple of them, but I think it is a great scheme.

Not sure about the water, looked like it sat with water in the bilge from what I saw.

They did say it was garaged most of it life.

--bverd

Dr. Dan
05-01-2005, 08:27 AM
:smash: When we bought our boat...it had a ton of water in the Bilge...turned out it was from Rain....no one had let the plug out for quite awhile.....and the Engine Vents allow Rain Water to enter the compartment...and we had about 10 minutes worth of steady drainage when I did pull it! :spongebob

I think the unique paint makes this a desirable boat...yes its Wild...but it grows on you...I wish they would allow ya to do some Crazy things like this again...from the Factory....this will be a show stopper at our Events!

Doc of the Bay :beer:

undertaker
05-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Nice looking boat :yes: rare graphic package. Buy it for $25,000 drop in a 525 efi motor WOW!!!!!! :eek!: :eek!: :eek!: Watch out Doc :biggrin:

I am still kind of sold on the solid hull color but it might grow on me for $28,000. :biggrin: :yes:

Undertaker - who is still thinking :confused:

BUIZILLA
05-01-2005, 09:13 AM
Since it was an estate buyout, I seriously doubt (i'm guessing, don't shoot me) the dealer has 18k in it, but I could be wrong...

22k, and a weekends worth of work, and it's a no-brainer..

JH

wishing I could find a ZXO/Scorp for 50k...

bverd
05-01-2005, 09:18 AM
Buizilla... my thoughts exactly!! Hmmm, where could I put another boat?

--bverd

CMC
05-02-2005, 08:12 PM
Dealer told me today it was sold. Anybody know the buyer?

mhanf
05-03-2005, 07:12 AM
just clicking around and saw you might be interested in a 22'. about 16 down in the donzi classified page I'm listing a 1998 22' in NJ. just thought I'd put it out their. take it easy
I may be interested.Any idea if that was a factory paint sceme, or did the owner have it done. Did the gell coat have any fade to it? Where do you think the water in the bilge came from? Thanks my Email is Realworld015@Yahoo.com