PDA

View Full Version : to 22 or not to 22

WarPath137
04-30-2005, 11:08 AM
iam going to be getting my first performance boat in july I want a 22 classic is this a good choice?

Dr. Dan
04-30-2005, 11:18 AM
:spongebob Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :spongebob

http://atlanticcoastdonzi.com/gallery/albums/misc/MOV06727.mpg

Doc :beer:

Shanghied Again
04-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Great Boat: You will love it! everytime I test ride one I fall in love with them more and more, I had a 16 Classic and now I have a 26ZX but I still love the ride of a 22 Classic... Last one I test road had a 500EFI Sweet!!! I can't wait until the next one sells so I can go out with the customer and have a blast. :cool!:

Barry Phillips
04-30-2005, 03:15 PM
Are you kidding?

MOP
04-30-2005, 05:00 PM
YES! I fell in love with the 22 at the 2003 1K run, Doc's boat in particular made me drool. I will never forget Doc's first comment about owning a 22 " IT is a Sickness" that it is. I sold my 16 and now own an older 22 which I am doing over very slowly but coming along. I ran it a lot last year and it met or surpassed what I thought it would do, it is a SB so it in not and will not be in the class of the BB 22's but just the same it is a great boat! Buy one you will love it!

Phil / MOP

ChromeGorilla
04-30-2005, 06:17 PM
Last year I was in same situation. Was either gonna get a 230sx Stingray or 22 Classic....... wasn't even close. Got my 22 Classic last July and love the living chit out of this boat....... :yes: I smile every second I'm on that boat and thats no lie..... :biggrin.:

Cuda
04-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Last year I was in same situation. Was either gonna get a 230sx Stingray or 22 Classic....... wasn't even close. Got my 22 Classic last July and love the living chit out of this boat....... :yes: I smile every second I'm on that boat and thats no lie..... :biggrin.:

And you damn sure use it enough. I doubt anyone else on the board has put in as many hours on the boat as you have since you bought it. Gotta love that!

Pismo
04-30-2005, 06:47 PM
I moved up from a 19' runabout to a 22 Classic, my 1st true performance boat. It was a very easy change, easy to drive, simple to maintain, nice layout. It needs hydraulic steering tho. Find a nice big block mercruiser fresh water 22 and enjoy. There are many out there for sale.

LKSD
04-30-2005, 06:49 PM
great idea, any Donzi is a great idea, but a 22 classic is a superb boat.. Im sure you would be happy with one.... Jamie :boat:

ChromeGorilla
04-30-2005, 09:28 PM
And you damn sure use it enough. I doubt anyone else on the board has put in as many hours on the boat as you have since you bought it. Gotta love that!

If I'm gonna pay for that mf'r I'm sure as hell gonna use it! Lets see, since last July have been out at least tree days each month. During the warmer weather at least 1 day during the week and both sat and sun. Last week boated 3 days during the week and poker run on sat. Hit the water yesterday and today. And they say Americans use to much gas..... :wavey: I know I don't help the cause none! :biggrin:

undertaker
05-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Great Boat: You will love it! everytime I test ride one I fall in love with them more and more, I had a 16 Classic and now I have a 26ZX but I still love the ride of a 22 Classic... Last one I test road had a 500EFI Sweet!!! I can't wait until the next one sells so I can go out with the customer and have a blast. :cool!:

Well Frank hopefully your wish will be granted by mid to late May :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: That is the "can't wait until the next one sells so I can go out with the customer and have a blast" quote. :propeller :propeller

Go for it buy a 22 classic, look I am going from a 33ZX to a 22 classic yes going down in size, but still a Donzi and one hell of a fun boat IMO :biggrin: Thanks Dr. Dan :lookaroun :lookaroun

Shanghied Again
05-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Ed. I can't wait :biggrin:

WarPath137
05-02-2005, 05:14 PM
what are the plus's to a 22 besides the obvious bad A*S style and handling and if so ne minus's :confused:

Dr. Dan
05-02-2005, 06:34 PM
:bonk: Well this is totally subjective and my opinion...but here goes:

Pros: Recognized Styling & Class Beyond Reproach, this Hull Defines Panache'
Diverse Power available, Small Block to Super Charged BBC
Very forgiving hull once you learn how to drive/pilot it!
Wide variety available, used or new, allows a multitude of price points for the 22 Classic Buyer...to fit almost any budget...
Good Lake or Bay Boat....can do light offshore duty...I would stay inland beyond 4' and over...although it will handle it...you will beat up your boat. I have been in very nasty 6' plus snot...and it was not a party...plus its hard on your back!

Cons: Minimal Storage, no Cuddy(compared to other little Runabouts)
Can't run on dry pavement, won't run with out water, screams drive me - drive me while sitting parked in your driveway.
Will haunt you constantly to find ways to go faster, and keep it shinier!
Trailers can be a sickness too, both Boat and Trailer are Money Pits.
Can't comfortably haul over 4 full size adults...I mean comfortably.... :banghead:
It's a conversation magnet at the Docks, requiring you to learn at a minimum a cursery knowledge of Don Aronow and some basic Donzi History.

Good Luck... I am sure I forgot something? :banghead:

Hotspare
05-03-2005, 12:49 AM
Warpath ...........

I'm not sure this number's going to do everything your wanting ..........

The only time I've ever been in the atlantic was on the, Monarc of the Seas ...... (Royal Caribean) ,,,,,,

Anything over 3-4 footers on the inland lakes that I run are butt kikkers, and wet to boot at speed ............

But, that's the way the King thought it should be ,,,,,,,,,,, Rough, Drop Dead Gorgeous, and Arrogant as Hell ................. and that's the way it's been for the classic's .............

So if you get one, you gotta get your line down, because people are gona wana know who the hell you are ...........

Just Tell em !!!!!!!!!!

And,If you find that your having trouble with that part .......... Just visit us at AOTH, Lake Cumberland this spring ...... We'll set you straight ...........

We're ALL Drop Dead Gorgeous, and Arrogant as Hell, up here, My Man ......................LOL....

Good Luck ............

WarPath137
05-03-2005, 02:45 PM
lol............ might just have to cruise to aoth when i get my baby........... thats it i cannot find a boat that more precisly defines my character like that of a 22 classic........... the only thing would be a 35 classic with x2 675's but untill the day when there is a 35 classic the 22 will do :fire:

Hotspare
05-03-2005, 11:16 PM
WarPath ,,,,,,,,,,

You made the right choice, and your gona have a lot of fun .........

Got questions, you know where to come ,,,,,,

Now you gotta send pictures ...............................LOL....

WarPath137
05-04-2005, 10:28 AM
I need to buy one first , im waiting till about june till i get it. Im really liking that 94 22 with tha 502 and bravo for sale in the forum. :beer:

undertaker
05-04-2005, 12:02 PM
That 1994 22 w/502 motor looks like a nice ride, good luck hope you can make a deal. :biggrin.: :biggrin.:

Undertaker - a soon to be 22 classic owner maybe......... :biggrin.: