PDA

View Full Version : Look at this Bertram!!

Mercrewser
04-29-2005, 09:03 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26432&item=4546584673&rd=1

Mac
04-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Looks pretty cool, I am not saying it is not a Bertram, but I would definetly want to see solid proof that it is.

boldts
04-29-2005, 11:23 AM
How do these boats always appear to be out in some deserted field in God only knows where? Anyone have an original brocher or picture from the factory. Be nice to see what the interior looked like, unless those fishing chairs in there were the interior. :eek!: Pretty cool though and definately a boat you won't see every day on the lake.

Morgan's Cloud
04-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Sure is'nt a bad looking boat..
Wonder why only one engine ......must be a real snail... prop sure is'nt carrying too much pitch.
Wonder why only one was made .. Wonder if it's built on an unsuccessful early racing hull.....Maybe Brownie knows something about this .

IN one of the shots from the port bow it looks almost identical to the old Formula 24.

Whole lotta wondering going on here .....

Mac
04-29-2005, 12:56 PM
The helm does not look like something Bertram would make to me. The hull sides do not have a reverse chine like the 25 and 31, which required them to be built in two piece molds. It could be a Bertram, but I would like to see proof like a Bertram plate that would be under the dash, they also used to put a piece of paper on the inside of the transom with the model and serial number on it and then put resin over it, you could still read it but it cannot be removed or damaged.

Morgan's Cloud
04-29-2005, 01:25 PM
A long long time ago in his workshop, a guy that used to do my pop's mechanical work had a Mercruiser poster hanging on the wall.
Two boats running side by side.. one was a Cig.. probably DA himself and the other was a bright yellow Bertram, exact same hull as this one.(reverse transom etc)

Sure wish I had that poster, it was a beaut !