PDA

View Full Version : Torque steering again

txtaz
04-29-2005, 06:38 AM
I have a torque steer question. I have a right hand drive and when I cut the throttle, it wants to go right. Normal torque steer should be to the left. Fluid levels are normal. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Wes

Knot Slow
04-29-2005, 07:23 AM
I have a torque steer question. I have a right hand drive and when I cut the throttle, it wants to go right. Normal torque steer should be to the left. Fluid levels are normal. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Wesi have the same problem on my 86 minx,at first i was trying to correct it with the trim tabs ,it didnt work ,so I find if you give the wheel a quick crank to the left and back while cutting throttle the boat will even out.:cistineb:

txtaz
04-29-2005, 08:25 AM
Hey Knot, Yeah, I do the same thing. My issue is that something may be wrong with the power steering system. With a right hand drive it should turn to the left when cutting the power. I think I will tear the system apart this weekend to inspect and clean it. Let you know what I find.
Wes

Ranman
04-29-2005, 08:37 AM
Why would it have anything to do with the steering wheel location? I would think it would have more to to with the rotation of the drive...

MOP
04-29-2005, 11:20 AM
The drive is applying force in one direction trying to lift that side of the boat when running, when you chop the throttle the force is reversed and lifts the opposite side. This normal, unavoidable just a general characteristic of any prop. It is a no fix something you just have to get use to, it is much easier on everything if you throttle down easier.

Phil

mattyboy
04-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Patient : " Doc it hurts when I do this" !!!!!
Doctor " well then don't do that" !!!!!!

my point is I would be more worried about it if it happened getting into the throttle not getting out as it was said in a thread before all deep v's do it and depending on how fast you bail on the gas and how fast you are going and where the trim, steering, water condition, tabs if you have them are all play apart in how it will react
dejavu all over again

does it exhibit any bad tendancies while under way???