PDA

View Full Version : My shaft's too long?

RonZi
04-28-2005, 08:08 PM
:confused: I just bought a Mirage prop for my TRS 330 . It seems that the splined section that rides on the shaft is about 1/2" too short(4" compared to 4.5" on the old prop) . Are there different Bravos or is there a spacer that I need ?

And I just had to BUY a DONZI hat!!

Fish boy
04-28-2005, 08:21 PM
ronzi,
I am not an inboard motor guy, but my outboard which will take the same props as alpha and bravo has a thrust washer that slides on the shaft before the prop goes on. DO you have something like this? Total it is close to 1/2 inch thick. just a thought.

fish

RonZi
04-28-2005, 08:40 PM
No, I don't have an extra spacer. That sounds like what is missing. Would any mercury dealer have such a creature? And , thanks for the thought!! ron:crossfing

ronzi,
I am not an inboard motor guy, but my outboard which will take the same props as alpha and bravo has a thrust washer that slides on the shaft before the prop goes on. DO you have something like this? Total it is close to 1/2 inch thick. just a thought.

fish

Fish boy
04-28-2005, 08:51 PM
I beleive they will have it and west marine also carries it (thrust washer) (http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=98463) . Good luck,

fish

catch 22
04-28-2005, 08:57 PM
RonZi, I have a thrust washer you can try. :wavey:

RonZi
04-28-2005, 09:04 PM
RonZi, I have a thrust washer you can try. :wavey:

Thanks!! I'm just around the corner from you. 968-4846 call anytime!!

Went up to the Waterway cafe' .Leaving, I fired it up with a touch too much throttle.I think a lady threw a shrimp at me!! ron

TMANN
04-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Thanks everyone for helping Ron.
The prop was off my boat and it went on my 1997 Bravo One with no spacer. It is a Mirage 25P. He also has a Bravo one but it looks like his shaft is longer than mine. Does this should like it could be right? If so I'm guessing he just needs a spacer to make it work like you all said?

TMANN

RonZi
04-28-2005, 09:48 PM
Two spacer styles, three thicknesses...

Small washer type that fits inside the hub. Used mainly on solid hub props... Which you can use since you have a tranny.

Stepped style: two thicknesses. The thicker one works with TRS...

See 30-32-33....

It is a solid hub and it looks like one would fit just inside. I'll try to catch up with Catch22 and see if his will work..Thanks eveyone!!

RonZi
04-28-2005, 09:53 PM
Thanks everyone for helping Ron.
The prop was off my boat and it went on my 1997 Bravo One with no spacer. It is a Mirage 25P. He also has a Bravo one but it looks like his shaft is longer than mine. Does this should like it could be right? If so I'm guessing he just needs a spacer to make it work like you all said?

T
MANN

Thanks for the prop!! The thing is in A-1 shape..I'll let you know how it works this weekend...and about the "shaft length'.. I wouldn't say that too loud...

Ron.Zi........

RonZi
04-28-2005, 09:56 PM
Well, which is it, TRS or Bravo?? If it's a Bravo, you do not want a solid hub on it......

It's a TRS 330.

RonZi
04-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Oggie doggie.... Small spacer is it then....

Thanks for the education.:banghead: ron

Chili 18
04-28-2005, 11:18 PM
Went up to the Waterway cafe' .Leaving, I fired it up with a touch too much throttle.I think a lady threw a shrimp at me!! ron

Glad the spacer issue seems solved. Nothing about shafts, but I had a laugh about the shrimp thing...... :D Some people have no sense of humor.....