PDA

View Full Version : Are you from the DC, northern VA or Maryland vacinity?

gold-n-rod
04-28-2005, 07:56 PM
I have a deposit on a 2003 16 Classic at Full Tilt Marine (13208 Marina Way
Woodbridge, VA 22191). I am 600 miles away. I need a pre-purchase survey/inspection done before I will take the time and fuel to go pick her up.

Here are my choices:

1. Hire a marine surveyor to do a full survey.
2. Hire a marine surveyor to do just an inspection (Is there such a thing?)
3. Pay the marina to do a compression check (I was quoted $100) plus pull the true operating hours from the computer.
4. Find a fellow board member who would go over and give me an unbiased report (for some beer money)
5. Some combination of the above.
6. Something else not listed above.

Your thoughts?

Woodbridge appears to be about a half hour slightly southwest of DC on I-95. If you live within that area and might be able to do a pre-sale inspection, shoot me a PM. Thanks.

Formula Jr
04-28-2005, 10:38 PM
Yes there are two different levels of survey. For a rather new 16 you don't need the extensive one. The extensive one is looking for blisters and structural problems of a much larger, older boat. I would just have the look over. You have to really try to mess up a three year old small boat. Unless its from Florida and one of the sinkers on the market now. The look over will catch that. I'd just go for title history and compression check and ask if its on a '03 trailer.

Dr. Dan
04-28-2005, 10:44 PM
:wavey: I can mention it to Brad...he travels alot so I will not speak for him...he lives in the area...closer than 600 Miles...so do I for that matter...I will shoot him an email...if ya wanna give us the details...shoot me an email on the specifics, contacts and number to schedule a time to look at it. I will see if we can look at it...or find someone who can. :wavey:

Doc :smash:

bverd
04-29-2005, 09:49 AM
I can go take a look... it isn't that far away. Send me an email with the information and who the contact is at Full Tilt. I won't get down there today, maybe Sat/Sun/Mon.

Send me the info... I think everybody will attest, I will provide lots of pictures.

--bverd

:wavey: I can mention it to Brad...he travels alot so I will not speak for him...he lives in the area...closer than 600 Miles...so do I for that matter...I will shoot him an email...if ya wanna give us the details...shoot me an email on the specifics, contacts and number to schedule a time to look at it. I will see if we can look at it...or find someone who can. :wavey:

gold-n-rod
04-29-2005, 11:46 AM
I can go take a look... it isn't that far away. Send me an email with the information and who the contact is at Full Tilt. I won't get down there today, maybe Sat/Sun/Mon.

Send me the info... I think everybody will attest, I will provide lots of pictures.

--bverd

You are my new hero, Brad. Email has been sent.

You 'da man!!!!!

gold-n-rod
04-29-2005, 11:48 AM

Doc, thanks for helping me get linked up with Brad. It's greatly appreciated.

Dr. Dan
04-29-2005, 05:26 PM
:spongebob I am Cool Like That! :spongebob

Good Luck :beer:

Doc :rolleyes: