PDA

View Full Version : Need Speedo Wiring Help tonight please!

DonCig
04-28-2005, 07:04 PM
I am going to install my Livorsi GPS speedo tonight and as I look at the wiring on the current VDO gage and the new Livorsi gage, I need to ask for some advice.

The stock VDO gage has two blue wires to one side of the illumination light bulb and two black wires on the second set of poles from the illumination lightbulb.The blues go in to one side of the buld (one spade connection) and the black wires go out of the bulb socket with one spade connection.

The Livorsi instalation sheet calls out for Red + 12v , a white wire + for the light bulb, and a Black GRND wire.

Any advice as to how to but and rewire the blue and black wires?

Thanks,

DonCig

Probably the only registry member than can build a small block Chevy but hates electrical wiring.

Bad-Tat
04-28-2005, 07:12 PM
I am going to install my Livorsi GPS speedo tonight and as I look at the wiring on the current VDO gage and the new Livorsi gage, I need to ask for some advice.

The stock VDO gage has two blue wires to one side of the illumination light bulb and two black wires on the second set of poles from the illumination lightbulb.The blues go in to one side of the buld (one spade connection) and the black wires go out of the bulb socket with one spade connection.

The Livorsi instalation sheet calls out for Red + 12v , a white wire + for the light bulb, and a Black GRND wire.

Any advice as to how to but and rewire the blue and black wires?

Thanks,

DonCig

Probably the only registry member than can build a small block Chevy but hates electrical wiring.

Don,
I would think the blue wires are you + lead and black ground.

BUIZILLA
04-28-2005, 07:27 PM
The reason for double setups is this, if you use that lamp with other close proximity gauges, you can wire it in continous series, in and out of each color. If you use this lamp singularly, without tapping the other gauges, then twist the two blacks and two blue's together, and black to black, white to blue.

JH

DonCig
04-28-2005, 07:39 PM
JH, if I was to keep it in continous series, how would I go about handling the wires?

Thanks,

DonCig

DonCig
04-28-2005, 07:49 PM
Pictures

BUIZILLA
04-28-2005, 07:51 PM
Don, to follow your exisiting OTHER lamp wiring... they may only have one in>one out, and the bulb is grounded to the case, or two in>two out, if an outside ground strip is used. Pretty straight forward actually.

JH

DonCig
04-28-2005, 08:35 PM
Thanks

Don, to follow your exisiting OTHER lamp wiring... they may only have one in>one out, and the bulb is grounded to the case, or two in>two out, if an outside ground strip is used. Pretty straight forward actually.

JH

DonCig
04-28-2005, 11:41 PM
In case others follow in my path. 1997 Classic 18'. Stock VDO Speedo exchanged for a 2005 Livorsi 0-80 mph GPS Speeedo.
I just finished installing my new Livorsi GPS Speedo successfully.
The stock 2 blue wires ( + ) get spliced to the one new white wire on the Livorsi GPS Speedo, the 2 black ( Ground ) stock wires get spliced to the one Black wire on the Livorsi GPS speedo. The Red wire on the Livorsi GPS Speedo gets wired to the positive stud on the stock ignition switch.
RanMan, look out. I have already hit 80 mph GPS on my '97 Classic in the garage. Now if I can just get the tach to hit 5200 rpm at the same time!

DonCig