PDA

View Full Version : Shell Island - St. Petersburg, Fl.

Donzigo
04-27-2005, 09:44 PM
Here's Donzigo, Smila, Donzigo Jr, Jr's wife Erin, Jr's boy - Christain, Fishboy, various friends & the Z-33 & our newest toy.........a Scout 160 Flats boat.

During the day, Mike, owner of Lightning Bay Marine, a Donzi dealer, puls up in a brand new 35ZR.......he got lots of looks.

It's summertime again......................yippie!

Donzigo
04-27-2005, 09:48 PM
More pics

Jamesbon
04-27-2005, 10:00 PM
Whoa!!!!!! Nice pics "Big D!"

Cuda
04-27-2005, 11:29 PM
Looks like Fish is having trouble figuring out the intracasies of operating an anchor. :D

Fish boy
04-28-2005, 07:53 AM
Looks like Fish is having trouble figuring out the intracasies of operating an anchor. :D

Yep, I guess I was just having one of this moments.... thinking "hey, an anchor is something you marry, and a rope in the front of the boat usually attaches to the back of budmann's boat for the trip home. think fish, you can figure this out!" :biggrin:

Great pics Richard, it was a great time both days and Big D looked Awesome as always. Looks like we will have another windy weekend, but the first half of saturday should be nice. Gonna try for kings again in the morning and hit shell in the afternoon if you guys are heading out.

Donzigo
04-28-2005, 07:58 AM
Jr & I are fishing the flats tomorrow afternoon & the lights at night. Let me know if you want a seat on the Scout.

We will be at Shell or the Wharf or the Bridgeview, all weekend.............pull up and throw an anchor, you've got a Corona waiting.

Fish boy
04-28-2005, 08:06 AM
you got it richard, I will catch up with you both days. WHat are you using on the flats? DO you have a bait net? I am getting a new one soon and have one in the boat you can have if you want to try castnetting some livies around the flats.

Donzigo
04-28-2005, 08:25 AM
I just got off the phone with Jr. & he said it's a go for fishing tomorrow. We bought new realls & rods, just for the hell of it, Shimano's and Quatum,s so we're excited to use them. He bought a cast net, and we'll bring that along. We have a live well and bait well in this little Scout, so we filled it with Greenbacks and got into a school of Trout just before sundown. David knows where to go. I'm just learning now, where he used to spend all his time fishing when he was younger, which was outside the boundaries I had set at 12 yrs old. Hell, he took the Ghenoe across Tampa Bay to Anna Maria to get bait , one time. He & kevind Farner were nuts, back then.

Hey, if we don't catch fish, we drink Coronas, so what the hell............

boldts
04-28-2005, 11:51 AM
You guys are truly in paradise down there! Beautiful ladies, a refreshing drink, a few fish to wet the appatite and very sweat Donzi boats. Love the hull reflection in the 35 ZR. It just doesn't get any better in life.

McGary911
04-28-2005, 12:02 PM
Richard, Looks like you guys are still having a blast down there in St Pete. Couldnt stand looking at that empty spot at the dock since David got rid of the Donzi, huh? Keep up the fun.......i hope to get down to tampa again soon.

That 35 zr looks sweeeeet, btw....

florida gator
05-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Great pics Richard. I tried a Port Richey Hooters lunch Sat and their fryers were down.

I'm coming down that way in June for a few days (maybe more). My brother in law rented a house on the beach. I told him we needed ICW for the boat to tie up somewhere. I hate pulling it everyday. Do you know a marina that charges by the day for a 21'?

Jamesbon
05-01-2005, 09:29 PM
Gator,
I have a dock on the ICW in Redington Shores for a case of Mich. Ultra..... :)

Donzigo
05-02-2005, 08:43 AM
Nate's your closest dock. We have one you can use too. You can tie up & leave it in the water; but, after 2 days, you'll have a barnicle issue.

The rule of thumb is this around here:

Day One - No barnicle problems
Day Two - They're getting on your boat, a car wash pressure wash will do it
Day Three - You got problems, more than a pressure wash to get them off.
Day Four - Might as well leave it in the water, now, you ain't going anywhere fast.

florida gator
05-02-2005, 08:27 PM
This house is supposedly somewhere between the Tradewinds and the Don Cesar. I stayed near there last year for 3.5 days and had no barnicle problems. Is that just an issue if the boat sits or from being in salt water. There is very little sitting when I am down that way. Alot of cruising and partying. We do everything by boat. I am looking forward to it.

I may even make a run down to Clearwater this weekend. Haven't decided for sure as the plan is to go to Chattanooga for my new atv. I may have found a used one close by and will surprise the family with the Clearwater trip.

Any recomendations on a good hotel near Clearwater Beach? Dock is important as I will be coming by boat.

Cuda
05-02-2005, 09:18 PM
The barnacles grow at different rates, depending on water temp, and how much water flow. A quiet warm place, they grow like mad. I left a boat in the water for three days at Huber Yacht in August one time, and I had three quarter inch long barnacles.

Donzigo
05-02-2005, 09:43 PM
Cuda......agreed to all you said. Temp is everything and salt content.

Magicallbill
05-05-2005, 03:32 AM
Donzigo,
Great shots;Reminds me of my vacation runs to Big Sarasota Pass&Midnite Pass on the South end of Siesta(Before it closed up)Makes you want to retire sooner..
Question;If barnacles are an issue short-term for unpainted bottoms,how much longer would a painted bottom be free of them?
Also, how often do the red tides occur these days? Got down there once in the mid-70's and it was so bad we had to go to Captiva to lose it....

MB

florida gator
05-05-2005, 06:25 PM
Check out my Clearwater post. Hope someone calls (352-422-7296). If not I will be in St Pete in a few weeks. Surely then I will hook up with at least Nate and Richard (cause I will need somewhere to tie the boat up). And there will be at least a case of Ultra.

Jamesbon
05-05-2005, 08:31 PM
Right on Gator! Call me rather than post here when you're in the area...(727) 458 9721.

Fish boy
05-05-2005, 09:25 PM
gator, sending you my number, check your pm. Call me when ya get in.

fish

Sport !
05-07-2005, 08:08 AM
gator, sending you my number, check your pm. Call me when ya get in.

fish

Hey Guys ! ! !

Sport here, I've been gone for awhile now. I took a job up in Chicago for a Mercedes, Lincoln-Mercury, Mazda & Land Rover Dealer. I'm the new Internet Director for the dealerships. Great $$$ but no BEACH ! ! ! I couldn't be a beach bum forever. I was down Sunday-Thursday for a short visit but forgot my cell phone so I couldn't call anybody to hang out. Took the ZX out for a spin and went to all of our hangouts but didn't see anybody. Boy does Shell look different now ! Any cool members up in Chi-town ? I can't remember. Looks like you guys had a ton of fun out there ! Well, take care and I'll call the next time I'm in town. I forgot my old password and I have a new e-mail address so I had to sign up for a new account. My best to all !

Sport !

DonziMama
05-11-2005, 09:09 PM
Sport,

Did u have your baby yet?????

Fish boy
05-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Sport,
holla a me nerxt time you come in town man. Sorry I missed you, I guess I have no more competition with the morally casual chicks on st. pete beach now that you are up in shy-town. :biggrin.:

fish

gcarter
05-12-2005, 04:17 AM
Trueser and several others live near chicago.

Sport !
05-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Sport,

Did u have your baby yet?????

DonziMama,

Great to hear from you ! Tell the whole family I said "hello" ! Leslee miscarried the baby last fall, but we are still trying. Cross your fingers for us. Looks like I'll be flying down for the holiday after work Saturday on the redeye. I'll post and you guys can tell me the Shell Island times for the weekend. Fish, I'll PM you before I come down. Take care everybody and I'll see you soon.

Sport !

Jamesbon
05-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Fish,
"morally casual chicks," I knew I always liked you! ;)